Louise Ebel

image3jxh.png

ny times

ok this is seriously official ...
this thread is becoming the 'Star Style' ....
geez that's really annoying ...
:ninja::doh::angry:

what this girl has to do with fashion magazines or anything realted to fashion production - i'm sorry she has to go to Star Style (geez I knew I should apply to the moderators thingy:(hardhead: ?
she's a copy/paster of press files and art history lessons ... She gives no analysis (but is this really a problem ? not really - though for an art director that's what you expect !) and speak of nothing unexpected (this is a problem when you write on a blog and have some columns in a 'small' magazine - where you can basically say whatever you want) ...

i've already read her blog, i'm back listening to my teachers ....
this is true that she has pretty un-expected (or is it very expected, i don't know) tastes for a young girl ... but seriously ... when you write on a blog ... is this to make a class (people can still open a book and read) ? share your opinions (i do think so) and tastes (i do think so) ... BUT GIVE ENVY to read ! and not just to look at stylish pictures ....

I'm over those girls ...

(oh and i'm really tired right now ... so maybe i'm being a tiny hard on her :ninja:)

I totally understand that you can dislike her writing but this is a style thread!

When starting this thread I asked if this could be under the behind the lens thread and no one seemed to be put off by it. She is art director and editor of a magazine, maybe for you it's a small one but it seems to be quite famous and she is attenting all the Paris fashion weeks, I checked before starting the thread. I don't know her in real life but I checked before starting this thread and she's not just a columnist. You can unlike her writing but I don't think we should move this to "star style".

Last edited by a moderator:
^she's attending fashion shows because she has a good style, non ? not sure this is because she writes about art ...
if every PR should invite every art critics (far from being her status, IMO) or curators the rows would be fuller than they actually are ...

and i'm not a mod' for sure ... but this is not star style here so we can discuss something else than her style - unless, tfs changed their rules - so if i think her art reports are bad, i can tell it ! once again who am i to judge ? moreover i'm bad at writing ... but i pretty know my subject and i'm sorry she's just boring as an art editor ...

and in this headline :
Photographers and their photography, Editors/Stylists, Hairstylists and Make Up Artists.
i've never seen highschool-art-journalist (because this is her level, though she could be at l'ecole du louvre or have done hypokhagne, i wouldn't even care) style in this headline ...
sorry !

once again i have nothing against her ... it's just i think this thread doesn't belong here ...

I never said you weren't allowed to not like her writing, I was just defending her as a journalist considering her status. Does it mean that because you don't like her writing, she is not a journalist even though she works for a magazine?

Sorry I don't want to have an argument :smile:

I really like her style.

She is very young, what does her position entail at Dirrty Glam? :smile:

She's in charge of the Arts & Culture part of the magazine. She's doing reviews of the arts expositions in Paris and writes about the link between art and fashion.

Thank you :smile: Do you have any examples of her writing about art and fashion? I had a look at her blog and there wasn't much.

She's the daughter of IFM (Institut Français de la Mode) headmistress... It opens doors...

^ I believe it's a fashion school of some kind? But people only started noticing her after every streetstyle blog on the scene repeatedly shot pictures of her and those attracted worldwide attention. Her style is what got her in the public eye, and that, at least, seems all her own.

Her outfits are beautiful, and she clearly knows what suits her and wears it well (ie lots of skirts and dresses- I don't think I've never seen a photograph of her in jeans) and doesn't seem to be a slave to trends. It's also nice to see the way she works her vintage and high street purchases and stays stylish on a student budget. And her writing, at least whatever of it is in English, is quite good.

Re: what another poster mentioned on the previous page about the way she is in front of a camera, I think she seems pretty well aware that she's very photogenic and knows how to work a pose. And I do admire that confidence, considering that she's so young and not a model.

she is the most beautiful and inspiring blogger of the moment! actually she's one of the prettiest girls ive ever seen in my life.. i hate her and love her at the same time

She definitely knows what suits her. Whenever I wear my glasses with dresses and heels I look really silly!

What sort of work has she done at Dirrty Glam?

She's just posted a Q&A at Pandora...quite interesting. I like the fact that she tries to link fashion with classical art, and has a distinctive style which she's willing to play around with (v. appreciative of the fact that she didn't follow the whole world into the ripped jeans/studs-and-spikes trend that's been sweeping the place for two years now). I'm surprised that some people are saying she comes off as a snob. From the way she writes, she doesn't sound like one at all, and her blog, even if it does catalogue her outfits and her in a variety of poses, does not come off as a "look what I bought" showcase.

However, I would love to know how she gets her eye makeup so perfect despite being (in her words) 'blind as a bat' and allergic to contact lenses, too.

OMG this girl is so full of herself - kuuuute tho. Its so funny how she's so vain but you still want to get on her - maybe that's why!!! she' s kind of goth. I wish I was more goth sometimez. Wanna rip off those tights tho seriously

I've always wondered what this chick does so thanks Drusilla_. When she first turned up it was said she's work for or at John Galliano. I'm guessing there was no truth to that.

I like the fact that she can wear this Primark coat and make it look like it's Marc Jacobs or See by Chloe. Believe me the coat was so badly made. My friend wanted it but once we inspected it back on the rack it went.

teen vogue

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"