Louise Goldin S/S 10 London

Hilary Alexander reviews the Louise Goldin spring/summer 2010 collection from London Fashion Week.

In a show that appeared to be a mix of ‘The Tudors’ and ‘Star Wars’, Louise Goldin established the pointy, rocket-cone bra as THE new shape for the funky and fearless next season and offered matching gathered bloomers as an alternative to cycling shorts or leggings.
“It is the first time I’ve done anything historical,” she said. “I did a lot of research at the Victoria & Albert’s Baroque exhibition, and I’ve been studying bras for three years. It all came together, but I still wanted to keep it quite futuristic.”

Her bra shapes were an update on everything from the ‘sweater girls’ of the 50s to Gaultier’s famous rocket-cone brassieres and corsetry for Madonna.
Goldin worked with tulle, lame, leather, organza and stretch jersey in bright metallics, alongside softer, fairy-like pastels of pale lemon, blue and sugary-pink. The bra and romper designs were twinned with off-the-shoulder see-through dresses, asymmetric ‘toga’ skirts and pleated micro-kilts,
As a 21st century take on doublet and hose, it was as watchable as Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Henry VIII.

telegraph.co.uk

shoes by Panos Yiapanis for Louise Goldin for TopShop

does anyone have detail shots?

Sea horse and hedgepig? :shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Golden Goldin
The whole Vogue Team thought this mornings’ Louise Goldin show was her strongest ever. Check out the amazing pastel-coloured crystallised shoes with spiked heels by Panos Yiapanis. ( Which is Louise Goldin for Topshop FYI!)

www.vogue.co.uk

Louise Goldin is a young designer who has the bodycon trend to thank for her career. She knitted very small dresses when very small dresses looked fresh; now, these sausage skins, as I like to call them, look daft. But had Goldin received the memo?

Well, her summer collection, in icy mauves and cool, sherbet yellow (beefed up with a lot of gold) still didn’t reach past the thigh, but it was cleverly constructed. A discussion in how to look fierce (fashion and goths are now stepping out) and pretty at the same time: there were 3-D folds, pointy bosoms and early Westwood cheekiness — think Roman Gladiator on a sugar rush.

The shoes, oh, the shoes. A summing up really, they were beautifully cut courts, in the same chalky pastels, with serious attitude thanks to the go-faster studding and heavy blocks of tonal Swarovski crystals. If you aren’t ready to use your breasts as pointing devices, the shoes by Panos Yiapanis will be available in Topshop next spring.

Alice Olins

www.timesonline.co.uk

absolutely gorgeous, except for the cones. i really dont get that.
anyhow, i adore the collection!

Very interesting details. reminds me of some Christopher Kane's older work for some reason. Such a shame the pictures from style.it are so washed out.

I love this collection and the colors are very light and prettyB:(heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->