Louise Redknapp 2009-10-05 - Pride of Britain Awards 2009

celebrity-paradise.

Jamie and Louise's photoshoot for "Red" Magazine

article-1218565-06BA0BFB000005DC-836_233x315.jpg

article-1218565-06BA08A7000005DC-546_468x769.jpg

article-1218565-06BA09FA000005DC-847_468x542.jpg

article-1218565-06BA0B43000005DC-456_468x694.jpg

article-1218565-06BA0888000005DC-60_468x642.jpg

'We're so not rock and roll': Jamie and Louise Redknapp on why family values are more important than living the high life

Footballers and their wives are renowned for their rock and roll lifestyles - travelling by private jet, buying all the latest designer gear and having umpteen nannies on hand to bring up the children.

But not Jamie and Louise Redknapp. The former footballer turned pundit and his lingerie model wife are the anti-Posh and Becks, the couple everyone wants to be.

'We’re really not smug,' Louise tells Red magazine.

We go through all the things that people go through in life. We scream at each other sometimes, we have days when we can’t cope with our kids.’

Despite being better-off than the average person, the Redknapps know how to appreciate what they have.

‘Yes, we’re lucky that life has given us lovely choices,' says Jamie.

'You know, we can go for a nice meal at Nobu in London…’

Louise chimes in: ‘But tonight, we’ll get the kids to bed, Jamie will watch Sky Sports and I’ll sit in the bedroom, sulking because I never get to watch my programmes on the big telly.’

The Redknapp's relationship is clearly rooted in family values, having both been brought up in tight-knit families themselves.

As long as the couple's two boys, Charley, five, and 11-month-old Beau are happy and healthy, so are Jamie and Louise.

Unlike many celebrities who have armies of nannies to help with the childcare, the Redknapps are very much hands-on parents.

‘There are very few people I would trust to look after my children,’ says Louise, 35.

This is hardly surprising when you consider it took Louise four years to conceive Charley due to Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.

Jamie, 36, who is usually only comfortable talking about football, also lights up when he starts talking about their children.

Recently, while the family were on holiday in Mallorca, Charley told all the other kids by the pool that he was famous.

‘I had to explain to him that he shouldn’t go around saying things like that,’ Jamie tells the magazine.

‘I said to him, “It’s not going to make people like you, you know? Besides, you are not famous just because you’ve been in a Nintendo advert." '

It's clear the Redknapps don't want their children to grow up as spoilt brats.

‘I guess the most important thing for us,’ says Louise, ‘is that the kids work hard and they are grateful for the life they lead – that they know it doesn’t come easy.’

Both Jamie and Louise were brought up with strong family values while Jamie happily admits that he grew up in a very traditional household.

His father (Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp) doesn’t think women should go to football, so it’s probably natural that, as Louise puts it, ‘he’s a man’s man – he likes male company and talking football.’

And it seems Jamie has found his perfect partner in a woman who says she has no interest in talking to men and is comfortable with the idea of them taking up the more conventional roles – her as nurturer, him as bread-winner.

‘Even though, on a daily basis, I think I am the boss – I deal with the accountant and choose how to decorate the house – ultimately, he is the man of our home.

'I don’t mind things a bit old-fashioned, though. He is the boys’ dad and I want them to look up to him.

'I earn my own money, but Jamie’s the one who keeps it all going. If things went pear-shaped tomorrow, we’d look to him for the answer.’

Despite a successful music career in the 1990s, Louise’s solo career nosedived in 2004.

The family also faced tough times when Jamie was forced to retire early from football through injury.

The Redknapps are survivors and, in their words, 'so not rock and roll'.

As if to make the point Louise wears an exquisite soft-leather Gucci jacket to the interview, which she bought in the sales as it was too expensive at full price.

The fact that the couple's interview with Red magazine is the first time they have been interviewed and appeared together on the cover of a woman's glossy also speaks volumes.

Theirs is a marriage built of sterner stuff than the trappings of the high life.

dailymail

Louise Redknapp 2009-11-11 - Cosmopolitan Ultimate Women of the Year awards 2009 London

celebrity-paradise.

Louise Redknapp 2010 Children's Champion Awards in London March 3, 2010 - The Celebrity City

Louise Redknapp last minute Christmas shopping at Harrods in London December 24, 2010

tlfan

Cosmopolitan Women of the year awards, London - 2 Oct 2010

tlfan.to (posted by Tony)

Sunbathing with friends in Sardinia - 27/06/10

tlfan.to (posted by peterball)

2010 GQ Men Of The Year Awards in London - September 7, 2010

tlfan.to (posted by Tikipeter)

Sunbathing in Sardinia, Italy - June 30, 2010

The Phillips British Academy Awards - 22/05/11

tlfan.to (posted by silkecut)

Glamour Women Of The Year Awards at Berkeley Square Gardens - June 7, 2011

tlfan.to (posted by silkecut & Tikipeter)

Leaves Mahiki Nightclub in London - June 11, 2011

At David Walliams 40th Birthday Party - 20/08/11

Andrew Flintoff FR Evening - 02/09/11

GQ Men Of The Year Awards in London - 06/09/11

Arriving for the Pride of Britain awards - 03/10/11

The Sun Military Awards 2011 - 15/12/11

Red's Hot Women Awards 2011 - Nov 23, 2011