Luella F/W 09.10 London

I LOVE Luella and think her past 4 collections have been amazing but this is totally dissappointing. It seems like a step backward to her collections in New York that had no personality.

I have to say this is good business wise because all her key quirky pieces are there it just isnt as interesting as her other collections. I will bet these pieces will sell though....just because they are styled bad doesn't mean the clothes are bad. I see each individual garment selling like crazy.

There are some nice pieces separately (some shirts and coats), but I'm not liking most of it or the styling...

Luella :(

I mean, there are some lovely separate pieces but the atrocious ones just cancel the positive ones out.

^ Ahaha, I could not agree more! I'm just so distracted by the trendy crap and plethora of awful hairstyles to wade through to find the good stuff! Some of it I like, but now I can't even remember what they were.

i though it was great, until pixie geldof walked out, then i just kind of died.

I was in love with the last two seasons...this isn't as good but I still like a lot of the pieces seperately especially the last coat in #33

Everyone prefers the past 2 seasons, yeah they had a cooler vibe, some off key details, but seriously how many people do you see wearing the "cooler" pieces witchey pieces? how many girls are we going to see wearing the off kilter, bright orange ss09 pieces? Not many. Luella still makes most of her money through bags, like Orla Kiely.

This collection makes sense in the current market, not v original (schoolgirl chic is done better by the indie boutique designers) but it will sell.

I noticed that the reviews on here are mixed but I feel that this collection could grow on me after awhile^_^ Luella can do no wrong in my eyes:innocent:

as a collection, it just seems very inconsistent and random...but i agree, as separates there are a few nice pieces

I actually like it :-) Interesting...a mix of biker chick, nerdy, preppy, punk, girlie. Very dark. I liiiike! Her choice in models was interesting too. They were all very different...they were all cool.

The hair reminds me of the 90s singer, Lolly. Viva viva viva la radio! Not a good thing, though. This isn't the Luella that I know and love. I like the first dress, though.

I loved her last F/W collection (the one where it looked like quirky Halloween). One of my favorites for that season. Her S/S was great as well, esp the crazy pastel shoes and tweed (?) jackets

This collection is not so inspired, I feel. But the last 2 were so strong and right up my alley, I can overlook lack of inspiration on this one. :rolleyes:

i'm pretty disappointed, it seems like such a mish mash...nothing coherent, some nice singular pieces but the styling hides it and it just looks terrible on the runway.

if anyone got access to catwalking, could you post the backstage pics? i loved the hair and makeup. but i totally agree with ponytrot's post above... :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->