L'Uomo Vogue March 2010 : Hollywood's Oscars

For his interpretation of Nelson Mandela in Clint Eastwood's Invictus , he was handpicked by former prisoner 46664 himself. The role earned him an Oscar nomination, even if he claims than "nominations are useless"

Morgan Freeman doesn't care about being nice. This doesn't mean that the actor, who has obtained eight nominations and two wins (for Million Dollar Baby and Driving Miss Daisy) from the Oscars and Golden Globe awards in almost forty years of career, is devoid Southern manners and charm. The term "nice" in the Hollywood sense, however, isn't among his desired personal traits. He simply wants to be himself.
vogue.it

This year, he presented Hollywood's most important evening, co-hosting with his fellow Saturday Night Live graduate, Steve Martin. They both knew how to work the crowd, with style and savoir-faire

On March 7th, he tool the stage of Los Angeles's Kodak theatre as a co-presenter for Oscar night: the most prestigious gig an actor can hope for in his career and a challenge as well. Will it be Baldwin's swan song? He's hinted that after the awards show, and once he's finished the fourth season of "30 Rock", that he will retire from acting. "I've worked non-stop for thirty years and now I don't feel like I have to necessarily go on; I'm going to start by taking a year off: when you get to a certain age you begin to want to do things that you've never done and you can't wait until it's too late. I want to go to museums and sail a boat through the Caribbean and I don't want to be so old that I'll need to be hoisted up onto the deck with a pulley."
vogue.it

The over-fifty Austrian actor who has captured the attention of Hollywood, recounts how his "chances" improve with each passing day. And talks about his positive - and a bit fatalist - attitude that helped him win, step by step, the part of the evil Hans Landa

Christoph Waltz is calmly seated alone at a table off to the side, in the daylight-filled garden of Lawrence Bender, the producer of "Inglourious Basterds", who has opened his Beverly Hills home to celebrate the DVD release of the film. The party is attended by all: actors, directors, producers, journalists and famous friends. Waltz, this year's revelation, has earned the largest number of nominations for the category Best Supporting Actor, is doing his best to not call attention to himself. And he's succeeding: with his salt and pepper beard and classic suit and tie outfit, he's virtually unrecognizable as the same man who played the sadistic and irresistible Colonel Hans Landa.

vogue.it

10|196x0||automatico

Distinguishing characteristics: excellence. Critics describe Stanley Tucci as an ordinary looking man, but with an astonishing ability to reinvent himself in every role. He has managed to expand his acting repertoire, tackling completely different roles; reflected by his number of nominations from the Oscars, Golden Globes, Tony's, and his awards from the Independent Spirit Awards, Emmy's & Sundance Festival. Currently, he's a murdering pedophile in The Lovely Bones, the latest film by Peter Jackson. "It was extremely difficult. I am the father of three children and I find that kind of person absolutely repulsive. At first I didn't want to accept the part, I couldn't imagine stepping into the skin of a man like that. In order to play the role of George Harvey, I tried to immerse myself in the part in spite of my natural, and I think understandable, revulsion, reading many books by FBI agent John Douglas. Fortunately at the end of the day, once the make up was off, I forgot the horrible sensations I felt on the set, by closing that door and returning home to my family."

vogue.it

His role as the mournful professor in Tom Ford's A Single Man has already earned him one Volpi Cup, but the British actor is already back on the set of a new film by Michael Winterbottom

Behind a pair of heavy, black rimmed glasses lies the careful gaze of a middle aged man, lingering over documents and clothing neatly laid out on a table. The actor is Colin Firth in a key scene from Tom Ford's A Single Man, in which the protagonist makes the final preparations for his suicide. The film was awarded the Volpi Cup in Venice, crowning a career that, despite a number of challenging roles, continued to be noted only for a few light films such as Briget Jones or Mamma Mia! "Peter O'Toole once told me, 'One for the show and one for the dough,'" he says.
vogue.it

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->