L'Uomo Vogue November 2016 by Cass Bird

ivano

Reaction score
Justice Smith, Selah Marley and Brenton Thwaites by Cass Bird, styled by Michael Philouze

14574211_1027379397407818_5176639973524242432_n.jpg

L'UOMO Vogue Instagram

Last edited by a moderator:
This this like some Teen Vogue magazine? Not a fan.

WTH?!!! :blink:

First of all what the hell are they wearing??? Old 90´s washed and painted clothes??? AWFUL.

Second of all: who are these teens? And what are they doing on a maaaaale magazine?

Third of all: I don´t know whose idea what this but this is absolutely bad bad baaaaad

Nothing works here, NOTHING.

Serah Marley is Lauren Hill's daughter. She looks pretty cute I guess.

I think they're actually all wearing Gucci. XD lol

Just when I praised L’UOMO for never letting me down with their always adult presence, they go and pull something like this LOL

They’re nice-looking kids, but they’re kids. This would have such a stronger presence had the cast been adults. The color-palette is so dreamy and painterly, with a tad of melancholy in the mood that had this been a shot of three adults...

Really disappointing issue. “Mumbai: Forward Looking” is the only story that manages to live up to the cover’s promise of “Unique People, Unconventional Places”, and set ablaze that brand of culturally-rich, dapper high fashion storytelling this mag does so wonderfully when they get it right.

I know people are saying it looks teen, but the only person under 20 on the cover is Selah. This is actually a really nice group, Brenton is 27 (and a dad!) he's in the new Pirates of the Carribean movie and has been acting for several years. Justice Smith is 21 and in The Get Down, which he is fabulous in he can sing, act, dance really do it all. Both look much younger than they are but the same could be said for the majority of Hollywood newcomers. Maybe the picture was a little casual but I like the choices of talent for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
You’re absolutely right Luxx— the guys aren’t kids. All three are gorgeous and the potential for a beautiful edit is there— just a shame that the styling is some 90s throwback to Larry Clark's Kids kind of attitude; Nothing interesting nor beautiful in both the photography and the styling. It’s the brand of fashion that should have been left in i-D.

There's another edit with the potential for greatness. I forget what it's called since I don't have the mag with me. It's a cowboy-styled edit with some strong styling. But unfortunately it doesn't quite make it to greatness with mostly i-D-flavor blandness taking over it. And the terrible layout doesn't help either.

I just hope this issue isn’t a sign that L’UOMO will be spiralling into drab, youth-oriented i-D blandness. I really dislike when any edit grunges up, slums up high fashions.

i was excited to see cass bird on the title, but what is this? It's a beautiful photo but .. the styling... what the hell? Are they trying to go down the route of many other magazines and appeal to the ~youths?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->