LVMH Prize 2021

^^^ The CCP’s anti-effeminate men takedown is sort of all kinds of hilarious— and utterly lacking in self-awareness. Because if we’re to be completely honest, many Chinese/Asian man in physical appearance, possesses what by many non-Eastern standards, is stereotypical of what is characterized as “effeminate”— and may I add, the target of bigots/racists. So for the CCP to now turn round and victimize their own that are deemed “effeminate”, talk about the bullied now bullying LOOOL And when fashion is compounded into the equation with Chinese men, then they’re literally walking caricatures of “the gayz": Just the guys from BTS fro example, is everything that is stereotypical of “effeminate men” LOL (But I get it: They mean outright gayz like Charles James, the guy with the beard in full makeup and gown that won Eurovision, Billy Porter etc)

And I’d really support my own if there were the kinds of solid talent out there that were on the same level of high standards that I expect from my favs— all of whom BTW, have not been living up to lately. Besides Vera Wang— and she only designs for women anyway, there isn’t a single Chinese designer I would spend money on. And as much as I admire Rei/Yohji/Junya, they’ve never been on my periphery in terms of what I’d wear. That these LVMH finalists have always been the standards of the typical graduating student of FIT, is another reason I wouldn’t touch any of them with a 10-foot pole, let alone spend money on.

I finally got to see the clothes of the winner, what a mess...I hate clothes that seem like they can be blown away from your body by a light breeze, that sl*tty Lang-esque thing needs to die already, it does nothing for the body and it's so tired.

IThe host, Emma, is so annoying with the poser vibe. She's trying so hard to be a cool Brit in a Kate Moss sort of way, and failing equally hard. Is American culture really so polarising that LVMH had to get these two to host? It's like serving Big Macs in a Michelin star restaurant.

I think the problem is Emma is an ill fit for LV but she seems to do so well for them, social media-wise, that they have maintained their relationship for years now. She didn't pick out this look herself, they sent it to her to wear and it's so not something she would choose herself. I don't think she's trying to emulate Kate Moss or british-ness in any way, though. If Emma must be partnered with a major brand, I think Miu Miu or Prada would make more sense.

What's offensive to me is Derek in those Jeans. Serving dad bod in mom jeans.

^Derek is so vain, he probably just adopted those poor children to justify his newly acquired dad bod...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->