LVMH - The Luxury Goods Conglomerate

The limits of BOF is in the title lol.
An industry like the fashion industry, which is still quite informal in many ways and hasn’t been infused with American corporatism has a lot to learn from… gossips.

Sometimes the personal life of a designer tells you so much about a collection and can be reflected on sales. The tensions in the office can be reflected on a collection or a strategy.

We saw it with Gucci. Frida at Gucci was having a relationship with her CEO, something that would have never been possible in the US. It changed actually everything in terms of decision making and in the strategy used to elevate Gucci. Overtime, Gucci became focused on leather, they redesigned the whole bag line, redid the stores. When they had a change of CEO, Giannini clashed left and the fortune of the house was changed in 2 weeks.
Essentially, that is pure gossip but it has an importance.

And BOF would have a very politically correct approach to this kind of subjects. WWD is usually more upfront but PUCK or others publications can go into it.

BOF didn’t reported that Sydney Toledano and Michael Burke attended several Schiaparelli shows because Della Valle was in business with LVMH. It’s not a major news but it can have an impact on the industry later…

BOF and other more established news outlets are so pc when it comes to fashion as to lose advertising money, then a lot of online publications just repeat news without much further insights or added analyzes or perspectives
Indeed, even the FT which covers LVMH quite a lot lacks context, objectivity and nuance. Most publications don't get to the nitty gritty. I think like you said Miss Tweed will give you a bit more. I do have to say that Puck is very interesting. It is very gossipy but also does not give you much of anything sometimes, which is why I was surprised it was there. When it comes to LVMH gossip, the most detailed and a bit head-turning I've seen Lauren right was in relation to Michael Burke and sometimes about succession, which of course Mr. Arnault would want to silence anything in that regard, naturally. But sometimes, I often find myself rereading her newsletters or articles because I feel like I missed something and I'm left asking "okay, and?"

Obviously, as this leak showed, there will always be 'whistleblowers'. You directed your employees not to do something, and they did anyway. You can't stop that. A perfect example is a french business publication called Challenges (40% owned by LVMH), which has written articles that one would consider gossipy but also dangerous if one was concerned about succession. Someone will always talk, they will just be careful about the who, what, when and where they do.

Indeed, even the FT which covers LVMH quite a lot lacks context, objectivity and nuance. Most publications don't get to the nitty gritty. I think like you said Miss Tweed will give you a bit more. I do have to say that Puck is very interesting. It is very gossipy but also does not give you much of anything sometimes, which is why I was surprised it was there. When it comes to LVMH gossip, the most detailed and a bit head-turning I've seen Lauren right was in relation to Michael Burke and sometimes about succession, which of course Mr. Arnault would want to silence anything in that regard, naturally. But sometimes, I often find myself rereading her newsletters or articles because I feel like I missed something and I'm left asking "okay, and?"

Obviously, as this leak showed, there will always be 'whistleblowers'. You directed your employees not to do something, and they did anyway. You can't stop that. A perfect example is a french business publication called Challenges (40% owned by LVMH), which has written articles that one would consider gossipy but also dangerous if one was concerned about succession. Someone will always talk, they will just be careful about the who, what, when and where they do.
i agree 100% with Puck leave me as well with the same feeling :"okay, and?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LKLA2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->