Maia Sarmanian

mrrene

Reaction score
m-c.jpg

I came across this Armenian-American (well, I guess third-Generation American) designer while researching banks in Armenia.

m-a.jpg

Here's an article on her.

Her clothers are available at:

Aero & Co.
4651 Kingswell Ave.,
Los Feliz

and

Tracy Ross at Sunset Plaza,
8595 W. Sunset Ave.
Tel. 310.854.1996

She also paints

p-7.jpg

hmm. very interesting work, i like it. great photos mrrene

I like the dress , its not bad very nice,may be I should go to Tracey Ross

wow....an armenian-american fashion designer. being armenian i never knew she existed. thanks mr rene for sharing (btw are you going to armenia? why the research just out of curiousity :wink: )

Very exceptional and obscure designer, MrRene. Thank you for sharing. :flower:

Originally posted by hiddengirl@Aug 6th, 2003 - 4:52 am
wow....an armenian-american fashion designer. being armenian i never knew she existed. thanks mr rene for sharing (btw are you going to armenia? why the research just out of curiousity :wink: )
I have to be a little discrete about the reseach; it has to do with PATRIOT Act Compliance. I'm afraid it won't take me to Armenia.

I can't believe Turkey closed the border with Armenia because of Armenia's demand for recognition of the genocide. :angry:

Originally posted by mrrene@Aug 6th, 2003 - 12:01 pm

I can't believe Turkey closed the border with Armenia because of Armenia's demand for recognition of the genocide. :angry:
i know :cry:

anyway, thanks for introducing us to Maia Sarmanian Mrrene, i really adore her style, very original :heart:

my mentor was an armenian, so I grew up around a lot of armenian cultural influences. :heart: it's fantastic to see an armenian designer. her work is very unique - spiderwebb-y. :ninja: :smile: thanks mrrene!

:o very talented the dress and the painting....
the painting is quite nice :blush:

thankx mrrene :flower:

What a talented woman.
Thanks for the info, Mrrene.
I would rock that shirt B)

Originally posted by mrrene@Aug 7th, 2003 - 3:16 am
No two pieces of hers are the same :shock:.
That's something i really appreciate about designers and i don't think enough do it. I hate seeing the same design just in slightly different shape repeated on runway or elsewhere. I like to see totally different pieces even if they are all from the same theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->