Mainstream graphic design trends 2007: Your prediction

TNF

Reaction score
Since 2004, EVERYWHERE we saw things like the pic at the bottom of this post: Flowers, leafs, rounded retro fonts, baroc, things like the black parts of the pic below, etcetera. On cd inlays, flyers and more. I think it's beautiful, but this trend can't last forever. I'm curious about the future.

This topic is meant to predict the mainstream graphic design trends for the year 2007. What do you think it will be? What kind of fonts, colors, shapes? Minimalistic or something else? Etcetera.

others4.jpg

Pic: http://www.fashion-party.nl

Last edited by a moderator:
i have seen a lot of these 'digital greenery', these kinds of swirly lines that are often used in backgrounds, sometimes they have leaves or not. they're using neon colours with black and grey
and i'm also seeing wallpaper patterns in moodier colours with also bits of neon--think William Morris--used as backgrounds for books and things as well

but in finland, what i see is a lot of things done by hand
collage...ripped cardboard or lined paper with 'naive' drawings of people and birds and animals on top in a very loose and messy style... simple colours added with watercolour, india ink, etc. it's very un-serious

I think graphic design is getting more structured and clean. less is more but strong is better than weak. lots of sans serif fonts, kerned and tracked so they are a statement of the design itself. artwork is somewhat grungy and distressed and photography has lots of layering effects for dimension. color is bold whether dark or bright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->