Maison Margiela S/S 2020 Paris

Well I think it's really good, just a little bit less dark than the artisanal. What really bothers me is that it is almost a literal copy of that last couture collection. At this point I finally kind of get what John has been trying to do, I mean Martin's era is gone and we won't get the same mood from anyone so giving a new, strong identity is the best thing Maison can do. And there's the commercial 6 line that is closer to the old Margiela so their old customers aren't totally alienated.

Galliano is in fine form.

Very Buffalo/Ray Petri/Gaultier... which circles a bit back to Margiela’s own history. A little bit. Maybe? Who cares? This is fantastic!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked this collection actually. Very exceptional.

Rei Kawakubo?

SabrRV2b_o.jpg

This doesn’t move me at all. I still don’t understand John’s intentions or direction for Margiela. Maybe I don't understand Margiela or maybe he's at the wrong house.

With that said, I appreciate and love many of the details and it really shows how many miles ahead of other designers, John is. He is a true master. I want him to be at a house where he can really explore and go crazy with his showmanship again.

I think it says something when all people are talking about is the male model closing the show. My eyes couldn't roll back any further though.

His walk was the highlight of this collection for me - absolutely brilliant! I see why most of the comments on Instagram dislike it, but the theatrics don't seem to be for everyone. His angry/fierce turn was simply fabulous. I really miss fierce and theatrical models and he gave me life!

Stunning! I've just checked myself to see whether the reason isnt pure bias, but its not. This collection walks a fine line between wearable and avant-garde, and it's obviously coming at a time when the brand is surging ahead in the more commercial market. I can do without the sportswear motifs and cutout detail, but everything else from the silhouette to the prints looks great.

This show was like a fresh breeze...
He is adorable mixing those exquisite elements, romantic in every line and stitch and perfect in the construction, of course the oficial video will show the complete spirit and I will fall in love more and more with this.

Probably my favourite from him Margiela actually. Really great. Perfect dissection of uniforms.

But his presentations have become so obnoxious with the male models in heels doing the silly walks. It's not transgressive or original, and ultimately does a disservice to the collection cause that's all people are talking about on social media instead of the great clothes. He's above these cheap gimmicks.

This is just fantastic, I love the way that he has made the clothes look old but also modern at the same time! The headpieces were such a clever stylistic choice and they really add character to the looks, making the whole collection also feel more cohesive overall. I know some people find the styling to be a bit excessive but I personally love it, so fun and so Galliano.

I actually love the clothes! I think this is maybe the best collection, in terms of clothing, i’ve seen on a runway from John at Margiela. It’s just brilliant and inventive...

Too bad I hate the presentation, the theatrics and the whole circus...

I love John but I also love Margiela and I won’t act like this has anything to do with Martin.
It’s pure John and i’m confused...

I just don’t think this kind of theatrics elevate Margiela. I think Margiela offered a lot of freedom to men and women through his clothes and everytime I see John doing his usual stuff we all used to live for, I think about how Martin was the total opposite of that at the time both designed.

I almost feel like this is an intrusion in the Margiela world..
And seriously, John’s clothes and creativity can stand on their own...
But at the same time I can’t blame him for being himself...Maybe he needs to be himself at his own brand!

Can Renzo Rosso buy John Galliano? I mean, go to Mr Arnault and make a ridiculous offer...

His walk was the highlight of this collection for me - absolutely brilliant! I see why most of the comments on Instagram dislike it, but the theatrics don't seem to be for everyone. His angry/fierce turn was simply fabulous. I really miss fierce and theatrical models and he gave me life!

i agree with you 100%

This guy is Leon Dame :mohawk:

HAHAHA

Brilliant collection! Quite wearable and versatile. I love love love all of the theatrics in it, from the last model fiercely "sashaying" down the runway to the nuns!

Galliano's always been a genius and we all know it. One of the best this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->