Maison Margiela S/S 2020 Paris

I'm extremely glad to see an overwhelmingly positive reaction here because after going through the entire collection I realized this is John's best RTW show at Margiela so far. I would buy so much of this in an ideal world.

I love this collection but it's more Galliano than Margiela… I think it's still works as Margiela though...

Galliano's Margiela is to me quite comparable to Demna's Balenciaga. Both have strong aesthetics and methods, but are actively in dialogue with the founding DNA.

There is no mistaken that this is a Galliano collection! I wouldnt want it any different, this is lovely work and stimulating to look at. The deconstruction is interesting and adds value to seperate garments.

Its not all interesting though, I find the styling, model choice and context very out of touch.

WIG SNATCHED.

After hitting few strikes, John is as confident as ever and this is best collection at Margiela to date. And it's possibly the most Galliano as well. Of course, the theatrics are just a little too much but then it wouldn't be JG without those. The jackets are really beautiful. I love the cutting and the way he experiments. Styling is on point too.

The nun looks were some of the season's best. So chic with just the right amount of drama. It's just tangentially related to Margiela's ethos but I've become enamoured with the style he's developed for the house and I would be sad to see him part.

Agree that the guys in heels are unnecessary, the poor things couldn't look clumsier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->