Makeup Advice for Glasses

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
ft_12533ff5b47338815ea75425c4f9575e.jpg

Beauties, do you wear glasses? Ever wondered how to properly apply makeup with glasses on, and how to look your best while wearing frames? Here are some tips and techniques from Chanel Celebrity Makeup Artist Angela Levin on how to choose and apply the right kind of makeup to bring out your eyes from behind your glasses.
HOW TO Wear The Right Makeup for Glasses

"Consider your glasses as a filter," says Levin. "It's almost like realizing that people see you through a window." Here are 3 tips Angela recommends to make your makeup work with frames!
  1. Kick it up a notch Levin recommends subtly amplifying what eye makeup you're already wearing. Intensify your look by by adding another coat of mascara, a darker eye shadow, or more dramatic liner. Make sure to brush through the eye lashes so they don't look too chunky or heavy). "With most eye shapes, your liner and mascara are most visible--get those down right!"
  2. Ensure a flawless face "If you wear frames that sit on your cheeks, make sure to really blend your blush and bronzer, otherwise glasses will create that funky line on your face." If your glasses sit on your nose, they have a tendency to make the nose more greasy and red. In this case, take care to powder the sides of your nose more often and with heavier coverage. If your glasses leave an indentation in your skin, apply a concealer that matches your base right into the indentation and blend out. Top with powder and you've got extra coverage that will withstand the friction of wearing glasses!
  3. Have Fun with the Rest of Your Face Fortunately, glasses don't limit the shades and textures of lip color you can choose, so the sky is the limit! A clean, defined eye with a bold lip is the hottest way to show off your frames--have fun with i!!
HOW TO Apply Makeup While Wearing Glasses

When we asked Chanel celebrity makeup artist Angela Levin how women that need glasses to see should apply their makeup, she suggested investing in a magnifying mirror. "When choosing a mirror, you want your magnifying mirror to imitate what you're wearing with your glasses on--otherwise it's too exaggerated! Try out different lighting and see what works best for you to get the most accurate application," she says. (beautylish.com)

does anyone have any more advice???

I wear large 5121 Ray Bans so... They cover my entire face. I put on a little more blush since the glasses sit on my cheeks and I put on extra mascara (as stated above). Winged eyeliner helps too. The thing with glasses, is that you kinda have to wear more makeup or else you won't be able to see anything.

BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT...
Eyebrows.

Please fill in your eyebrows and make sure they're the perfect shape for your face! I usually groom my eyebrows with my glasses on so I can see what they'll look like with my frames (I wear glasses 99.9999% of the time).

So yea... Eyebrows...

I generally use less eye makeup when I wear my glasses, which is mostly when I'm working (hello hospital policy), but I ALWAYS fill in my brows and contour my cheeks. My frames are rather big (Ray Ban's) and they can overwhelm my face if I don't make my features stand out more.

But I actually don't put on more eye makeup, my glasses magnify my eyes x 1000 because I'm so damn near-sighted :lol: I think it looks quite...insane. My eyes look enormous. :D

Yes! I've been making a habit of filling out my brows in the morning and it really does make a difference. I wear glasses 9.9999999% of the time (which means I only take them off to sleep :lol:) and even though they're not big or overwhelming (my face can't take big frames, I look like a child playing dress up) my eyes do look a bit dull and smaller with them. But with well groomed, well shaped and coloured eye brows my eyes really stand out.

I would say that for most sparse-browed women (like me) filling in the eye brows is a good idea to emphasize the eyes whether or not they use glasses.

Mascara helps too, but I find that using two coats of it is too drastic for me...maybe it's because I'm used to wearing barely-there make-up...actually, most of the times I'll wear virtually no make-up at all, only one coat of mascara...I'm so lazy :ninja: But I'm always willing to try harder and put on a bit of blush :P

Any other tips as to what colours one should wear would be very much appreciated :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->