Makeup Brushes

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by LolitaLuxe, Aug 15, 2003.

1. ribes

ribes New Member

Who makes Kevyn's stuff is kind of a mystery...It seems that his line has been produced by Shiseido, but it's not sure...
    But, Kevyn was a fan of Japanese cosmetics. His mascara is certainly Japanese, and before he died he designed a whole line for a Japanese brand... I can't remember the name right now...
    still, his line is owned by him (well, now his company) completely, so it could have been designed at independent labs. He didn't want stockholders from outside nor the investment of big companies who would be able to decide about what would and wouldn't come in his line.

Sofia

2. LolitaLuxe

LolitaLuxe Vision of Paradise

my thinking behind the mini shu kit is i travel a lot and need a mini set as well......
    but are they really that bad? i hate traveling with full sized products. i purchased the sephora travel kit its the right size for me. im really only looking for a good blush, shadow brush there are so many out there :wacko:

3. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V

HI Sofia!! again, thanks for the brushes :heart: .... The KA line was called " The Nudes", cause they were all neutral and nude colours, still a best seller!

4. ribes

ribes New Member

Hi Alex! are you talking about the Dior shadows he used? Because appart from that he designed some line for a Japanese brand...

Enjoy your brushes!!!! I have the powder I told you here waiting for you!!! :wink:

:heart: ,

Sofia

5. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V

Thanxx Sofia :wink:

About the shadows, now im completely clueless :unsure:

6. iChelle

iChelle New Member

hi all,
    i was browsing the aisles at target ( :flower: ) and passed the cosmetic section when this caught my eye. $19.99 for this brush set that comes in a cute little carry case. i thought it was a great deal so i bought it. any opinions on sonia kashuk brushes? i know they're not MAC or Bobbi Brown, etc. but are they any good? they feel pretty nice...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V

Never tried them, IMO, Shu Uemura has the best brushes :heart:

8. iChelle

iChelle New Member

i don't have the $ at the moment to get the high end brushes :unsure: so i was hoping these would do the job for now.

9. lmichele

lmichele New Member

never had experience with those....sephora has some decently priced sets on their sephora line of brushes.... i dont have tons of cash either, and those work way better than any ive ever gotten at walgreens or cvs

10. iChelle

iChelle New Member

11. kimair

kimair frozen

I have an eyeshadow brush from her that is really nice...

12. sofialuv

sofialuv |/mirror queen\|

That Sonia Kashuk set seems realy lovely. I saw it on Allure mag and loved it. The box is gorgeous!!! :smile:

If i saw it too, for that price i would certainly buy it! Too bad i live in Portugal and most of the things never get here. :( We don´t even have Shu Uemura, Stila or Benefit...

13. iChelle

iChelle New Member

it's a limited edition set. it actually includes more brushes than the original assortment. and i love the case, it's very chic. hmm, if you really want it, maybe we can arrange for something offline if you like; i.e. i can buy one & send it over. message me for details.

14. tgp

tgp New Member

Sonia Kashuk brushes are actually considered the best low-end brushes. Decent quality for the price.

15. Sephora_Socialite

Sephora_Socialite Fierce Flava

I second TPG....they are the best cheap brushes.

16. Golden_butterfly

Golden_butterfly The mod squad

I've never spent much money on good brushes, just thought they are there to apply the make up and thats all. After seeing this topic my Q is....Does make up brushes make a diffrence ? If so, how ?

17. breathe0xygen

breathe0xygen I loved you

i'm not a total expert on brushes and makeup tools but one thing i know from recieveing some pretty darn good brushes from clinique was that by using good quality brushes, they help you blend the makeup on your face. bad brushes have the tendancy to give you a blotchy un-smooth effect, while nice brushes apply makeup evenly. and with different brushes you can get different effects... for i.e. big fat brushes can be used if you want something on a large area or want to apply it lightly, while eyeshadow brushes can be used for smaller places... and so on

18. sofialuv

sofialuv |/mirror queen\|

Make up brushes make all the difference, but it just depends on the make up you use!

19. KeSKiSe

KeSKiSe New Member

It really makes the difference. With no good brushes I can't work... My favourite brush is a MAC blender brush, I use to blend the eye shadows and do smoky eyes, I just love it :heart:

20. PradaP

PradaP New Member

ditto.. also like Trish McEvoy's brushes