Makeup Brushes

i_<3_chanel said:
best kabuki brushes?
Chanel, All I hear is raves for MAC's 182, which is why I bought it.. and I haven't been dissapointed.. it is good, very soft, doesn't loose it's hairs...but then again I only have BE's to compare with and that one I find is utter crap.

I use Armani and highly recommend the Blender Brush. I use one for foundation and one travel sized blender brush for my creme blusher - I just find that gives a smoother application and it's easier to blend and build the colour that way.

I recently bought Make Up Forever brush cleaner - has anyone else tried this? And if you use a brush cleaner as opposed to baby shampoo, whats the most effective way of using it?

I have MAC's brush cleanser... But maybe it works somewhat in the same way? First I dampen my brush with water, then I splash a bit of the brush cleanser liquid onto some tissue/toiletpaper and sort of just brush the wet paper with the brush in circles, working the cleanser into the brush. Then I rinse and reshape the brush and set it out to dry flat. It's easy and the brush is like new :smile: But take care: I did this once where I used the brush while it was still a bit damp/perhaps there was some residue of the cleanser left on it, and it stung a little.

^Thanks for that! :flower:
It says to try something similar, or dip it into some of the cleaner but I felt like I needed to rinse it, but wasn't sure if that was a good idea...I find my Armani brush dries and reshapes really well.

My brush collection

brushrollalltx2.jpg

brushrollallflashrt3.jpg

brushrollcovereddo1.jpg

brushrollcloseduw9.jpg

Can someone who's familiar with Chanel brushes tell me if this looks authentic? :ninja: It's from a seller I trust, but I'm still cautious.

Or if any of the other brushes going for nothing on ebay are real? Some of them look really fake, but others I'm unsure of.

credit: ebay.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody know much about NARS brushes? Aside from the fact that they're ridiculously expensive! I've already bought the NARS #2 eyeliner brush on Ebay and their bronzer brush should be coming any day now!

I tryed so many different ones, because I'm makeup artist , but Shu Uemura is best of the best:flower:

^ but they breaks the bank tho!! Most people will be in debt if they buy all SHU brushes....

^^ I'm thinking about purchasing some Shu brushes. I saw them at the airport in Taiwan when I was coming back from the states. I'm going back in two weeks and thinking on splurging on a LOT of cosmetics at the airport any favorite Shu brushes?

oh and I'm looking for a blush brush, and blender eyeshadow brush and powder brush (thinking about purchasing Urban Decay powder brush though).

^ Yeah, I bought their face and body kabuki, sooooo $$$$$

My brush collection so far ^_^

brushse3.jpg

I am still missing a tapered crease brush, a travel lip brush, and HG eye liner brush.

I would like to buy a small, compact brush for blush and skin finish powder so i can carry it in my bag. Which do you recommend? ^_^

I prefer to buy brushes at quality art supply stores instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honeybabe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->