Makeup Tips For Guys

Reaction score
Does anybody have any makeup tips for guys? I know alot of guys that wear it but its trouble staying below most peoples *MAKEUP* radar. I've heard of clear mascara and such.............Anybody?

:unsure: uh I wear consealer when i have really bad skin but thats kidn fo it

oh and eye liner when im in my goth punk mood or other make up liek white afce paint as experiments at clubs or something

um Im not really helping but i geuss just use natural tones and dount sue to much :flower:

Jean Paul Gaultier has his male make up range out, it's real cool and all for guys :wink:

Originally posted by Lena@Oct 7th, 2003 - 2:38 am
Jean Paul Gaultier has his male make up range out, it's real cool and all for guys :wink:
I might wanna pick that up! :wink:

My partner has been known to steal my concealer when a nasty spot has made a home on his face. Clinique's liqiud concealer is really good. Make up for men will probably be very popular in years to come.

the best tip is probhably dont wear any in the event of becoming addicted and then relying on it for beauty

Ive heard about Gaultier, and I know its great!! but its not yet out of Europe, so, you might have to wait til february or so to get it on the US. If you are going for a neutral, natural makeup, this are some tips:

* Unless that is for a photo shoot, dont use a high pigmented foundation, a sheer one will work great, even if you have bad skin, if you cover it up it will be worse... I reccomend a tinted moisturizer for guys, like Day Wear Plus from Estee Lauder, which is a moisturizer with spf 15, and it has microbeads, that reflects light, which gives you this healthy glow...its awesome

*Get your exact same colour for concealer, its good to use a lighter one on girls, but guys, that's another 20 bucks :lol: , but if u r like me, wear a lighter one, or just use YSL's Touche Eclat, which is a light tinted concealer that counteracts imperfections.

* You might wanna set your makeup with loose powder, but beware, if you apply a lot your face will look like a mask, so, I suggest that you use lancome's Tzone mattifier, you can use it prior to makeup application, and touch ups after hours..its like clear silicone that mattifies skin.

* If you have visible pores, get Clinique's Pore Minimizing Instant Perfector...it fills your pores and mattifies skin, so you will look like a winner.

* Bronzers.. :rolleyes: ... if you choose to, get a low pigmented one, cause you will make a mess at first, but then you will know how much to apply to look natural....I suggest Guerlain's terracotta.

* Lipbalm, its a must, clear, not shiny... MAC carries good ones, also Lancome's Vinefit, which moisturizes all day long, and it tastes like green grapes

Last but not least, always carry a pair of sunglasses... when doing your makeup, your face will look extra matte, cause u will be on air conditioner, but when u hit normal temperatures, your makeup and skin will become one, but wear the sunglasses a few minutes so when u get a chance to look at yourself on a mirror, you wont look too overdone, and might want to blot it out with a slightly wet towel, carry one always, it will help u disminish the excess u couldnt see inside ur house, which is I always reccomend to apply makeup near a window, where natural lighting is possible...you dont know how many times I have gone out of my house looking like Bozo the clown :lol: ....but I can say that I have perfected my techniques....
hope this helps my friend :flower:

Alejandro is the KING of make-up!

:mohawk:

my skin has gotten really good recently its really pleasing for me :wink:

How's the Idealist working Sean?? did u got the Micro D?? I still owe you a few samples of it and Pore Minimizing Instant Perfector :P ...I havent forgotten :wink:

:woot: great tips alejandro, even though i'm not a guy :flower:

Originally posted by Alejandro@Oct 9th, 2003 - 6:36 pm
How's the Idealist working Sean?? did u got the Micro D?? I still owe you a few samples of it and Pore Minimizing Instant Perfector :P ...I havent forgotten :wink:
i dont have micro-d

i found an AMAZING oxygenating facial cream :shock: its so cool
although one of the ingredients is hydrogen peroxide :lol: hair bleach? :blink: :innocent:

Originally posted by Alejandro@Oct 9th, 2003 - 7:28 am
Ive heard about Gaultier, and I know its great!! but its not yet out of Europe, so, you might have to wait til february or so to get it on the US. If you are going for a neutral, natural makeup, this are some tips:

* Unless that is for a photo shoot, dont use a high pigmented foundation, a sheer one will work great, even if you have bad skin, if you cover it up it will be worse... I reccomend a tinted moisturizer for guys, like Day Wear Plus from Estee Lauder, which is a moisturizer with spf 15, and it has microbeads, that reflects light, which gives you this healthy glow...its awesome

*Get your exact same colour for concealer, its good to use a lighter one on girls, but guys, that's another 20 bucks :lol: , but if u r like me, wear a lighter one, or just use YSL's Touche Eclat, which is a light tinted concealer that counteracts imperfections.

* You might wanna set your makeup with loose powder, but beware, if you apply a lot your face will look like a mask, so, I suggest that you use lancome's Tzone mattifier, you can use it prior to makeup application, and touch ups after hours..its like clear silicone that mattifies skin.

* If you have visible pores, get Clinique's Pore Minimizing Instant Perfector...it fills your pores and mattifies skin, so you will look like a winner.

* Bronzers.. :rolleyes: ... if you choose to, get a low pigmented one, cause you will make a mess at first, but then you will know how much to apply to look natural....I suggest Guerlain's terracotta.

* Lipbalm, its a must, clear, not shiny... MAC carries good ones, also Lancome's Vinefit, which moisturizes all day long, and it tastes like green grapes

Last but not least, always carry a pair of sunglasses... when doing your makeup, your face will look extra matte, cause u will be on air conditioner, but when u hit normal temperatures, your makeup and skin will become one, but wear the sunglasses a few minutes so when u get a chance to look at yourself on a mirror, you wont look too overdone, and might want to blot it out with a slightly wet towel, carry one always, it will help u disminish the excess u couldnt see inside ur house, which is I always reccomend to apply makeup near a window, where natural lighting is possible...you dont know how many times I have gone out of my house looking like Bozo the clown :lol: ....but I can say that I have perfected my techniques....
um hi.. can u be my new skin care consultant?

Originally posted by tealady@Oct 9th, 2003 - 4:42 pm
best makeup tip for men: don't wear any. :yuk: :innocent:
i have to agree.... sorry :cry: no makeup for my men

Originally posted by franco+Oct 9th, 2003 - 3:54 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(franco @ Oct 9th, 2003 - 3:54 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alejandro@Oct 9th, 2003 - 7:28 am

um hi.. can u be my new skin care consultant? [/b][/quote]
Ive been a long time on the business, of course I can be ur makeup consultant. This are new times, we are supposed to be open minded to new ideas, even though they are shocking at first, but, I find that any way that leads you to a better understanding of yourself its worth taking... :flower:

Originally posted by Alejandro+Oct 9th, 2003 - 9:20 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alejandro @ Oct 9th, 2003 - 9:20 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by franco@Oct 9th, 2003 - 3:54 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Alejandro
@Oct 9th, 2003 - 7:28 am
Ive heard about Gaultier, and I know its great!! but its not yet out of Europe, so, you might have to wait til february or so to get it on the US.  If you are going for a neutral, natural makeup, this are some tips:

*Get your exact same colour for concealer, its good to use a lighter one on girls, but guys, that's another 20 bucks  :lol: , but if u r like me, wear a lighter one, or just use YSL's Touche Eclat, which is a light tinted concealer that counteracts imperfections.

Last but not least, always carry a pair of sunglasses... when doing your makeup, your face will look extra matte, cause u will be on air conditioner, but when u hit normal temperatures, your makeup and skin will become one, but wear the sunglasses a few minutes so when u get a chance to look at yourself on a mirror, you wont look too overdone, and might want to blot it out with a slightly wet towel, carry one always, it will help u disminish the excess u couldnt see inside ur house, which is I always reccomend to apply makeup near a window, where natural lighting is possible...you dont know how many times I have gone out of my house looking like Bozo the clown  :lol: ....but I can say that I have perfected my techniques....
hope this helps my friend  :flower:

um hi.. can u be my new skin care consultant?
Ive been a long time on the business, of course I can be ur makeup consultant. This are new times, we are supposed to be open minded to new ideas, even though they are shocking at first, but, I find that any way that leads you to a better understanding of yourself its worth taking... :flower: [/b][/quote]
Thanks, id like to exchange email adresses or something that way i can ask you and not the whole forum, I dont want anyone knowing about the size of my pores. I dont overdue it in the make up department. Just a tinted moisturizer is good for me.. maybe even a little concealer in problem areas.. but yeah id like to talk more with you if i could. My sister is a makeup artist for Studio Gear and Mac so I had her get me that Clinique pore minimizer tonight at one of her stores. Although anything that touches my face from cliniques irritates it.

[email protected] so it isnt just my mate ste and my transvestite male mates that wear make-up men actually do wear it. I had an idea to try and make a foundation for men as they have different skin to women dont they. Im a make-up artist and beauty therapist and this interests me although my friend (female) said it would never sell. My friend ste uses my YSL touch eclat all the time before we go to the pub it is really effective on spots dark ares and uneven skin tones. He also uses boujois coup de theatre mascara to fit in when we go to gay clubs (hes not gay just for the record)

Actually, the Gaultier line is not THAT great... Except for the bronzing powder...

I tested it a couple weeks ago in Paris with a friend and they only make one color of concealer (which obviously doesn't suit every man...) and the balms are just that lip balms in the color of the lips skin. The nail thingy just nourishes but doesn't give any kind of shine, nothing at all.
The kohl is good, but it's just a mechanic pen, but the packaging is great.

If I was you, I'd ask at a MAC counter. If you are in Holland (just a guess from your name...) especially in the Amsterdam counter there are lots of guys working there and they loveto help a man who is trying to use a bit of make up. yOu can expalin them what you want, and I'd go for concealer, brow gel, transparent mascara, tinted moisturizer, lip balm and bronzing powder.
Now, if you want more, they'll love you!!!! Ans personally I think that a good looking man wearing kohl is very hot!

HTH,

Sofia

Hey :smile:,

Slightly off topic, but I am concerned that your skin care product contains hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide is a bodily toxin and is catalysed in the liver, as it is very harmful in excess. Not only that, what is the purpose of supplying more oxygen to your skin?? Oxygen is what causes free-radical damage, and if anything, one should be more likely trying to stop air from contacting one's skin to prevent that kind of damage.

Not only that, but how can body cells obtain oxygen from a cream?? Oxygen is delivered via the lungs and blood in the cardiovascular system, and, as a result, oxygen can't just force it into the tissue (unless you're in a hypobaric chamber).

And even if that hydrogen peroxide product did work, hydrogen peroxide decomposes on its own very quickly. After about one month from manufacture, the product having been taken off the production line, delivered to stores and placed on the shelves (probably waiting there a few months on top of that), most of that hydrogen peroxide would be water and oxygen (most of which would escape into the atmosphere once the lid is opened).

Given that most of the hydrogen peroxide has probably decomposed into harmless by-products, that cream could be very good just as a moisturiser (but then again I can't tell).

You could check if there really is any hydrogen peroxide remaining by adding some bovine hydrogen peroxide catalase extract :D

If your skin is in anyway detrimented, you could seek a refund if you wish?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->