Making Shoes Bigger / Smaller ??

Keya said:
That sounds like a good idea, if only I could fit both my feet and socks in the shoes :cry:

Aww, well maybe you can get someone with smaller feet to do it for you. :wink:

cakesniffer said:
Aww, well maybe you can get someone with smaller feet to do it for you. :wink:

Ah, that would be a great idea! Too bad that both my tiny feeted (is that even a word?) friends have moved out of town. If the shoe maker can't do anything, maybe I should send them to a friend and say she can borrow them if she'll wear them with socks to stretch them out :lol:

For how long do you try to make a shoe bigger (wearing thicker socks, wearing damp nylons ect) before you 'give up' ?
Or maybe the question is.. how much pain are you willing to endure (squished toes) before you call it quiets ?

if there is the voice even questioning comfort issues, I eventually come to terms [no matter how much I fight it] that its never going to work. ...high tolerance for pain, but when it comes to sore feet, once I cave physically its just a matter of time before my brain follows.

For how long do you try to make a shoe bigger (wearing thicker socks, wearing damp nylons ect) before you 'give up' ?
Or maybe the question is.. how much pain are you willing to endure (squished toes) before you call it quiets ?

I have this issue with some shoes too. I have super wide feet so lots of my shoes have to squish my toes to not fall off. I just avoid them if I'm walking a lot and wear them if I'm just going to dinner or something.

I have a pair of flat lanvin boots, last year I had them stretched about an inch in the calf but I just tried to put them on and they didnt fit at all. I did gain 5-10lb but I need them stretched about 3-3.5" more now - I don't understand how my calves get so huge :doh: I hope I can have them stretched and dont need to have an insert sewn in like one of my other pairs.

I've enlisted a friend with half a shoe size smaller feet than me to 'wear em in' if that fails I'm sure she'll happily take them of my hands..

I have a peculiar problem (or maybe it isn't that rare) I would like to stretch out my shoes but only in certain places. I have walking shoes that fit but my feet are very wide across the balls of my feet/toes. Top it off my pinkie toes lay sideways. Is there a technique someone has tried that will stretch across the shoe? The ones I have are cotton. Thanks :smile:

I just bought a pair of Yohji shoes that ended up being too small for me, but only by about an inch length wise, and half an inch in the toe (they have a tapered toe). I can put them on easily and walk around, but not comfortably. I'm going buy a wooden shoe stretcher and test if I can stretch the leather...but I don't want to ruin them, obviously, so I'll be careful about it...I'll post pics if it works out!

^you mean the sole is a whole inch too small? That's a lot.

My sandals are too wide for me but the length of the sole is good. I have very narrow feet. Anyone ever had straps of sandals taken in a bit? Is it possible? If they can, I'm worried that they'll do a sloppy job. I think that's our problem. We don't know how well they will fix our shoes..

i'm desperately for help.
i ordered a pair of peep toes, they a a little tiny bit too big, but i think i size smaller would be too small.
the problem is that my feet are narrow, so i slip sometimes out of the shoe (it is not like they are so big that i always slip out)
i really appreciate your help, suggestions, because i fell in love with these shoes :flower:

have you tried thin half-insole inserts (for the widest part of the foot not including the toes--i've seen them but don't remember what they're called)?

missy that's my problem w/ plenty of shoes as well--i'm definitely an A. i think it's a good risk to call up barneys or which ever stores and ask them where they send their shoes for alterations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. I tried these gel pad things but that is not enough. should be a little moe.
maybe i can find a store or a good shoe repair place which can help me (shouldn't be so easy where i live)

Thank you anyway :flower:

lesypersound, thanks, I will try that.

Luisa, I have very narrow feet as well, and to top it off, my arch is collapsed. I'm guessing they are only available in whole sizes? I don't think having narrow feet is the problem when it comes to peep toes. I don't think it's you. It's the shoes. If gel soles aren't enought you can also buy the heel grips. :wink: They are available in leather, foam, gel etc. They prevent you from slipping out of your shoes and painful rubbing. I used gel heel grip once. It really helps.

MissyJG, Thank you. i didn't know that there was such thing like gel grips.
i will try that.
i guess i will try to put as much pads, grips in the shoe that they fit. :lol:
I am determind to wear them!! :wink:

I just wanted to thank you guys, i also bought the gel heel things today and they fit MUCH better now. Thank you so much :flower:

I just wanted to thank you guys, i also bought the gel heel things today and they fit MUCH better now. Thank you so much :flower:

ur welcome:wink: Glad to hear! Hope you can walk in them now:P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dimsplayhard
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->