Mandula A/W 06.07 LA

.francesca

about to fall or fly
Reaction score
(from vogue.co.uk)

MANDULA FOR the past nine years, Gen Art has presented the freshest faces in fashion on the west coast. With Acura as the title sponsor, Gen Art kicked off LA Fashion Week for the autumn/winter 2006-7 season with what they like to call "The New Garde: A Celebration of Innovative Los Angeles Fashion." Taking place at the historic Park Plaza hotel in downtown Los Angeles, The New Garde featured the designs of Kit Pistol by Christina Scarbo, Unhee by Suzy Yun and Mandula by Hajnalka Mandula.

While Kit Pistol and Suzy Yun have room to grow in future collections, Hajnalka Mandula definitely stole the show. Her installation was as polished and professional as you would expect from someone who has been designing her collection for over seven years. This begs the question of Gen Art - does the design experience of Mandula overshadow that of her two junior nominees?

Hajnalka Mandula, born and raised in Hungary, now resides in Vancouver, Canada, and Los Angeles Fashion Week is hosting her west coast debut. An organic designer through and through, she utilises natural elements varying from coffee, tea and pumpkin seeds to the more off-beat porcupine needles. Mandula layers her collections as if her models were Victorian ballerinas in men's shoes. Tonight's collection was shown in installation form with models romantically draped amongst one another. A silk, three-quarter-length, puff sleeved blouse was tucked into a double-layered tweed wool skirt with a top layer of cotton gauze that gathered into a vintage leather waistband. A cream, bubble-shaped, hand-crinkled, cotton gauze dress with a hand-knitted, silk metallic belt came over organic cotton canvas extra-long pencil pants, while a cotton canvas jacket had shoulder details and petal-like collars: Mandula's autumn/winter 2006-7 collection set the tone for Gen Art's "New Garde". (March 17 2006, PM)

By Barbra Horowitz

------

unfortunately there are only 5 images of this amazing collection! :doh:

this is one of my favorites this season:
1.jpg

kneehigh trend alert!
2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

love this jacket:
5.jpg

here is mandula's website:

www.mandula.com

Last edited by a moderator:
very lovely, a little old-fashioned/antique-but-sloppy looking in a good way and i adore the shoes, i'd wear this in a heartbeat.
thanks for sharing!

as soon as i saw the shoes, i thought of you :woot:!

i'm glad you like it..i wish there were more from this season though...

this does look quite nice.. i see some hints here and there but.. those shoes look nice i must say! overall perhaps the best ive seen from LA so far

I am into this collection. I really like the white dress. this spring, it's looking as though my closet will be filled with white dresses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->