Marc Jacobs signs up for 10 years at LVMH

Fashion Puss

Reaction score
TOM FORD's departure from the Gucci Group last April wasn't bad news for everybody. In fact, it was pretty profitable for Marc Jacobs. "Marc is so shrewd," a source told PAGESIX.COM. "He was approached to take over Gucci when Ford left. He used the offer to improve his deal with LVMH and renegotiated for more money and stock options." LVMH boss Bernard Arnault was prompted by news of Ford's departure to lock Jacobs into a long-term contract which was eventually signed last year after months of negotiations. It will apparently see Jacobs designing the collections for Louis Vuitton for at least the next 10 years.

:wink:

huh, didn't see that one coming....no surprise there, and i think marc is perfect so far for vuitton, couldn't imagine anyone else.

yeah, i like vuitton better than his own label, and i remember him complaining about not getting enough money (and while i dont like hearing about people who make 6-digit figures complaining about money) , good for him for grabbing at an opportunity.

Jeebus, another 10 years of boredom...

saturnine said:
Retro retro, vintage vintage chic? :yuk:

well, without the people buying and wearing his clothes, we wouldnt stand out as much for being stylish! :P :wink: look at it as another 10 years of being on top...hahaha

He's a manipulative little man who goes out of his way to get what he wants and in turn he creates clothes that are apparently:innocent: the biggest things since Dior's New Look

i've not heard very nice things about him...
apparently he's not the easiest person to deal with...very demanding and nasty...

which i though was funny...considering his whole laid back attitude/image thing...

thx for posting this fashion puss...
i've moved it to d&c since it's real news and not so much gossip... :flower: :wink:

mdankwah said:
He's a manipulative little man who goes out of his way to get what he wants and in turn he creates clothes that are apparently:innocent: the biggest things since Dior's New Look

Apparently is the key word. He's nothing but an apparition created by LVMH and Vogue.

I think it's always interesting to see fashion designers who manage to make themsleves look sloppy, dirty, and ugly, and MJ is certainly good at that.

Hurray! More too rich rapstars with too tacky scarfs for the coming 10 years!

sorry no offense
but did this news already come out about 1 year ago?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->