Marc Jacobs x Stephen Sprouse 2024 : Christy Turlington by Nick Newbold

I first read that as "Grant me the serenity to shill" and I thought, shill what? Those bags?

Love the campaign, shes selling those bags! The pop of green looks nice.

The magic is not going to happen twice because it has been done already. This is Marc Jacobs, not Louis Vuitton. It not going to have the same pop culture impact since his fashion is no longer exciting. Since all his show noises just for him to trickle down to these basic bags.

The first time worked because his appointment was exciting, and the clothes were great, nobody expected that collaboration. Here, how long was Marc's last hit collection? Exactly.

So now we’re redoing the redoing of a redoing of a redoing? And each time they re-do, it’s way worse. And just because it’s the most desperate brand out there.

Christy Turlington will always and forever be a good idea, and she (obviously) looks fantastic here. However, I just wish Nick Newbold's photography wasn't so amateurish. Christy's undying radiance and energetic smile are what are keeping this campaign alive for me.

Nice to see Christy but I am not in love with the photographs. I think that her smile looks a bit forced. Also, the green latex chair looks awful.

Beautiful Christy, but it is criminal that Steven Meisel wasn't booked to photograph this collaboration.

Christy sells this because of her Super status.
Marc, while an icon and living legend, has lost some sense of direction and Marc Jacobs as a namesake label isn't enough. I toyed with the idea that he could save Chanel with Virginie gone, but this campaign and his current personal choices show that he's needing a bit more help and isn't able to lead as he once did ever so greatly. All for new talent, but never heard of Nick Newbold. Was this a budget decision. Obviously, they could afford Christy.

Agree with @aracic Meisel would've 8 this concept right up. With Christy, greatness is easy- but this could've been more powerful. Sprouse rewind, leave it with the Vuitton archive, Marc. We love you, it was great then, we didn't need a sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aleeee
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->