Margaret Howell S/S 2008 London

10456.jpg
10457.jpg

10458.jpg
10459.jpg

10460.jpg
10461.jpg

londonfashionweek.co.uk

I usually like here a lot, but this shade of denim is my least favourite. Sorry, just personal preference. Eeek. otherwise, cute and preppy as usual.

She is much more distinct and quirky generally, esp. in regards to the styling of the collections. As always, there are cute, classic items to be had. The hair is darling aswell.

:wub: gorgeous pieces as always.. I love how her collections never lose consitency, there's never even a theme, just perfectly made clothes that look just as good a few years later.
thanks for posting, wheneveriwakeup!.

You're very welcome, Mullet! You're right, she knows what works well for not only herself as a designer, but her clientele too... :heart:

^ Thanks for posting, wiw. Aren't the shoes great ...

Btw, is her stuff to be had in the States?

I like it but hate the shoes, they're matronly imo. I'd def wear some of these clothes though :smile:

Hey Ta-ta, I think the shoes, esp. the white/sand combo, are great. The thick straps remind me of those Prada's from way back when. Also, checked her website and availability extends to The UK and Paris only, unfortunately. Browns may be a stockist however... :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ta-ta, I haven't been able to find Margaret Howell in the States, and I've been looking for a year or two now, just out of curiosity. There is, however, a store in Japan. That won't quite help either of us, but interesting to know where her aesthetic is popular.

I like that her collections are a kind of easy retro nostalgia, without being really gimmicky or tricky (like Karen Walker or Marc Jacobs).

Hey Ta-ta, I think the shoes, esp. the white/sand combo, are great. The thick straps remind me of those Prada's from way back when. Also, checked her website and availability extends to The UK and Paris only, unfortunately. Browns may be a stockist however... :flower:

Thanks for checking on that for me, wiw :flower: I have been intending to vacation in Scotland for awhile ... when I do get off my &*( and do it, I will need to shop for Margaret there ...

They are Prada-esque, now that you mention it ^_^ Predictably I like the red :D But they're all yummy.

PS Her things are very easy, dtbd (if I may nickname you :wink:) ... I like that too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scotland..>>! Lucky! I hope the trip becomes reality, Ta-ta, as those shoes need a caring home, afterall. :heart:

Dentrobatiade, good pt.! She never approachs nostalgia in a literal fashion. A strength it is...

dtbd, dent (I think that one has been used before), or whichever! Perhaps I should give the final word to you, Ta-ta!:P

This whole collection is clean and polished, and so wearable. I like it a lot.

^^fashionista-ta - unfortunately you can't get MH in Scotland. Harvey Nichols in Edinburgh used to stock it but I think they fell out and now you have to go to London to get MH here.

As aways she is consistent and the quality looks spot on. Love some of the little shirts :heart:

^^fashionista-ta - unfortunately you can't get MH in Scotland. Harvey Nichols in Edinburgh used to stock it but I think they fell out and now you have to go to London to get MH here.

As aways she is consistent and the quality looks spot on. Love some of the little shirts :heart:

:o

It was because of you that I was *sure* I could get it there :lol: Glasgow is supposed to have a great shopping scene, but I've always been a bit skeptical ... you could tell me how it really is, it now occurs to me :innocent: Do we have a Scottish shopping thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->