Margaret Howell S/S 10 London

MulletProof

Reaction score
The collection is up at vogue.co.uk but it will take longer to post for me. :doh:

a few pics so far. :heart:
90967661.jpg90967666.jpg

90967668.jpg90967672.jpg

I managed. sort of. crappy screencaps. :ninja:
margaret1.jpg
margaret2.jpg

margaret3.jpg
margaret4.jpg

margaret5.jpg
margaret6.jpg

margaret7.jpg
margaret8.jpg

margaret9.jpg
margaret12.jpg

[vogue.co.uk]

alwaya love Margaret Howell's english collegiate aesthetic.. :wub:

I find it a bit simple, even for her. A lot of the looks would be very easy to recreate with far less expensive pieces, but still, a couple of items are quite nice.

Breton styles stripes again this season (Karen Walker had similar) - I like the palette, it's very much my colours, although I think on the whole it's lacking something. x

Thanks, Mulletproof. :heart:

This collection is missing something. Margaret's aesthetic is simple but the styling is usually so much more inspired than this... the pieces aren't special either, nor are the colors. It's missing heart overall...

thanks so much for taking the time to do that, Mullet. :crush:
i agree somewhat WIW, i really like margaret's work and have loved the past few seasons, but this is missing something.. i think you're right, the styling is lacking. i usually appreciate the simplicity as well, but somehow it's lacking that little subtle quirk that she normally injects which prevents the simplicity from becoming boring. ^_^

having said that, there are some still lovely moments.. all the jackets and cardigans are really nice - i particularly love the olive green trenchcoat..:heart: and the transparent shirt dress in the second to last picture is really special too. i love those simple, modern lines with a little twist.

i find the collection was a little cheesy with its references, but it is styled very chicly and i definately enjoyed seeing what was coming next

simple yet elegant!

It might not be anything groundbreaking or exciting it does feel summery. I like.

beautiful, easy clothes. I agree with everyone that it could easily be recreated with cheaper clothes from elsewhere, but the styling is beautiful

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noorap
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->