Marina Jamieson

she is the new face of Icon- Simons

http://www.simons.ca/eng/categories/women/icone

36406_414234709394_505529394_4296322_256732_n.jpg

I really Hope to see more of her work in the future ! she's just stunning !

La belle & la bete
Ponytail Magazine Spring / Sumer 2009
Photographer: Pejman Birounvand
Stylist: Claire Emily Sibille
Assistant Stylist: Prisca Martaguet
Makeup Artist: Michelle Rainer
Hair Stylist: Seb Mascle / Artlist Paris
Models: Laragh McCann / Ford Models Paris & Marina Jamieson / Marilyn Models

myfdb

La belle & la bete
Ponytail Magazine Spring / Sumer 2009
Photographer: Pejman Birounvand
Stylist: Claire Emily Sibille
Assistant Stylist: Prisca Martaguet
Makeup Artist: Michelle Rainer
Hair Stylist: Seb Mascle / Artlist Paris
Models: Laragh McCann / Ford Models Paris & Marina Jamieson / Marilyn Models

please can you ID Marina ? is she the girl with the mask ? :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview with Marina Jamieson For Secrets of the Modeling World
credit: somw.org
Marina Jamieson is Unique !

SOMW had the pleasure to interview one of the most adorable models in the industry, she's gorgeous,simple, cute, sweet and funny ...
She's just "Marina" !
690.jpg

- Hey Marina ! Tell us about yourself .

- Hey, My name is Marina Carlota Jamieson Laguna. My father is American and my mother is Spanish ( from Spain ), I was born in San Antonio TX but was raised in between Hontoria del Pinar ( Burgos) Spain and Winnetka, Illinois (nothern suburbs of Chicago) . I have a little sister Adriana ( she's one of my best friends). I'm a carefee soul, go with the flow. Love to travel, meet people, learn. I love photography and customizing my clothes. At the moment living with my boyfriend Steffan Elzinga in NYC .

- Did you always wanted to be a model , or did you stumble upon on it , get discovered etc.. ?

-My father got me into modeling , his friends at work persuaded him to take me to competition called , Model Search America when I was 11 in San Antonio, then we moved to Winnetka, and I got discovered by my long time agent Shannon Lang at Elite Chicago, but then switched to Ford, when she left the agency. I quit for awhile while in high school, so I could get the teen experience . After I graduated early, I left to Spain and signed with my mother agency Traffic.

-What is your nutrition ? How often do you go to the gym ?

-Honestly, I think I'm one of the luckiest people in the world , as I have a fast metabolism, and can literally eat whatever I want ( laughing) .. but I try and balance my meals with long walks and occasional swimming.
692.jpg

- What is your favorite or most exiting aspect about being a model ?

- The fact that I get to travel all over the world is my favorite. Next is the way that every single job I do, is able to transform my look into something completely new , I love to see how well I can change, chameleon-wise.

- Have you had any negative experiences with model agencies, talent scouts? What are to 3 warning signs to look out for ?

- Yeah, I've had a few bad experiences with some agencies, I was too naive and young when I signed with some and they definetly toook advantage of me-work and money wise. My advice is to sign with an agency that truly thinks you have potential, always looks your best.

- What advice do you have for aspiring models just starting out, something you wish someone would've told you.

- Be yourself. Don't take things personally, If the clients doesn't like you, it's not about you. I recommend the movie of 'Gia' with Angelina Jolie. Only not the drugs part, it's better to have a hobby or something to do on the side.

- Who is your favorite photographer, designer, high-fashion model and celebrity ? Why ?

- Aghhh there are so many !!! ... Photographers have to be eugenio Recuenco, Mario Testino, Steven Meisel, Karl Legerfeld etc .. Designers : Balmain, YSL, Alexander Wang, Givenchy, Kristian Aadnevik, Alexander McQueen, Alice+Olivia, Elizabeth+James, The Row, Chloé, Chanel, Giambattista Valli, Lanvin, Loewe, Louis Vuitton, Marchesa, Matthew Williamson, Miu Miu, Narcisco Rodriguez, Nicole Miller, Phi, Pringle of Scotland, Rag & Bone, All Saints, Vera Wang etc .. I don't really have a favorite high fashion-model , I admire hard-working girls that succeed.

- Would you share soem of your future goals, your life motto, any words of wisdom that get you by in life and professional career .

- I'm currently working on a Fahsion/Art online magazine called Moose (www.moosewithme.es) with my business partner Rocia Mena. I've always wanted to act. I've done improv and acting workshops all throughout my high school, and was also looking at directing films ... and even designing clothes ... or take the next step into photography or art director .. Definetly something on the creative side .. and when I get old I'd like to have my own pet shop , have a few pets around ...
My motto :"Live and let Live": When we live and let live we don't need to criticize , judge or condemn others . We have no need to control them or try and make them conform to our way of thinking. We let others live their own lives and we live ours .
This simple slogan helps center us on our own dual recovery and on living our own life in the best way we know how. Live and let live is one the keys to peace to our lives. When we practice tolerance in our lives we are liberated to work on our own issues. When we use this slogan we end many of the conflicts in our lives and gain the ability to stop new ones before they build into big ones.
Words of wisdom ; always fight for what you deserve , and don't settle for anything less than that .

SOMW loves Marina Jamieson and wishes her the best and may all her dreams come true !

Cute "Louie" , Marina's pet loves SOMW too ! (laughing)
693.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Elle Canada (October 2010)
"Blossom In A Garden Of Lush Feminine Mystique"
PH: Nelson Simoneau
Styling: Azamit
Art Direction: Dennis Desro

marina5.jpg

marina4.jpg

marina3.jpg

marina2.jpg

marina1.jpg

personal scans

Marina Jamieson by Enric Galceran for View of the Times
Classic View – Marina Jamieson takes on day to night looks for Enric Galceran’s latest work published in Spain’s View of the Times Magazine. Styled by Dixi Romano, Marina sports a mix of sequined gowns and printed pants with lush curls and a smokey eye by beauty artist Carol Guzmán.

from Fashion Gone Rogue

Planet Magazine

DESERT WOMAN
Photographed by Eugenio Recuenco
Makeup/Hair by Lewis Amarante
Styling by Beñat Yanci
Model: Marina Jamieson
Production Director: Eric Dover​

source : eugeniorecuenco.com

Cortefiel spring / summer 2012 ad campaign

Photography by Hunter & Gatti @ hunterandgatti.blogspot.com assisted by Alex De La Hidalga
Model: Marina Jamieson @ Woman Paris
Hair: Paco Garrigues @ Talents
Make-up Artist: Frank Garret

fashionising.com

Marina Jamieson in Marie Claire Spain, August 2012. Photos by Outomuro.

blog.sight-management.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->