Marios Schwab Resort 2015

marcBarna

Reaction score
Marios Schwab took a sartorial approach to resort with looks that played on the codes of men’s tailoring. A black crepe jumpsuit took its cues from a tuxedo jacket with long sleeves and pockets at the hips, while a teal crepe de chine dress was inspired by shirting with tails and capelike sleeves. Those details, Schwab said, were “a way to bring in a masculine element without taking away the glamour of eveningwear.” He also worked the theme for day with softly structured pieces such as crepe jackets and jersey shift dresses, some of which had alabaster and crystal embellishments at the neck. Meanwhile, a few pieces were done in tailored denim, lending a youthful edge to the lineup.

WWD

I think he's moving more towards addressing a woman and not a 'girl'... if at all, I find he's a bit underrated next to designers like Joseph Altuzarra, who had managed to move up the ladder much faster than Marios.

I fail to understand the frayed denim part, as well as the clips he's been using to embellish some of his dresses a while back. It's those touches that you would rather expect from a design student rather than a promising emerging designer who otherwise proved a beautiful sense of proportion and understated sexiness throughout even his earliest collections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac0770
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->