Marios Schwab S/S 08 London

Salvatore

Wanderlust
Reaction score
Photos courtesy of Getty Images :flower:
76793476.jpg

76793490.jpg

76793502.jpg

I love this guy! I wish there were more images as this looks like a very good collection! ^_^

I love the last dress in first post, would like to se more :smile:

The rest of the collection just gets better and better! Here we go...

66bohu1.png
66w6kue.png

The Designer

As one of London’s rising stars Marios Schwab shows for the third time at LFW.
Last season Schwab made an impressive debut with his first solo show after two previous outings as part of Fashion East. Thirty year old Schwab was born in Greece to a Greek mother and Austrian father. He studied first in Berlin and then at Central Saint Martin’s graduating in 2003 and went on to design the S/S 2004 womenswear collection for Kim Jones. He began his own company in 2005; showed as part of Fashion East for two seasons and numbers Kylie Minogue, Kate Moss and Hilary Duff amongst his best customers

The Collections

His signature corsetry inspired dresses, many strategically studded with the metal appliqués he loves, made up a predominantly black collection last season. Softer dresses with intricate scarf wrap necklines and rose printed silks with floaty volume in the skirts marked a move away from strict body-conscious style. Puffa jackets with hexagonal panels and fleece dresses in contrast block colour had a sportier look.

News

Winner of Best New Designer at the 2006 British Fashion Awards he has gained New Generation sponsorship for the third time this season. His second collection of evening dresses Marios Schwab for Top Shop will be in store in February 2008.

Instant View

Browns, Harvey Nichols, Dover Street Market and The Shop at Buebird in London; Barneys and Opening Ceremony in New York; Maria Luisa in Paris; Ace Co., WR Inc, Mole and Side by Side in Tokyo.

londonfashionweek.co.uk

I like that shiny green fabric. :shock:

Oh me too! I read somewhere (I think Vogue.co.uk) where the collection is supposed to be inspired by body topography so that's where that comes from. Everything is so beautiful! ^_^

i was just looking at this on catwalking.....it's really lovely! those shiny affects are brilliant as are the prints.

thanks salvatore + somethingelse :flower:

Oh me too! I read somewhere (I think Vogue.co.uk) where the collection is supposed to be inspired by body topography so that's where that comes from. Everything is so beautiful! ^_^

Ooh, I wonder if it's one of those heat-sensitive materials that changes colours, it'll be so cool. It's really a very pretty collection, with quite an interesting edge. Can definitely see myself in some of those pieces.:heart:^_^

His designs have such a futuristic element to them - it's fascinating. The prints pieces, pronounced detailing, strappy shoes and structured jckts. are incredibly potent. Definite favorites - though last season eclipses this still, imo.

Thanks for the photos guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
66kdr2o.png
4zdc8rq.png

4m1yadd.png
33uabg6.png

4z016k3.png
53er4h0.png

londonfashionweek.co.uk

678jyh2.png
5z556di.png

4vhio1z.png
4z4ck79.png

6ayzmgm.png
4xve9a0.png

londonfashionweek.co.uk

Ooh, I wonder if it's one of those heat-sensitive materials that changes colours, it'll be so cool. It's really a very pretty collection, with quite an interesting edge. Can definitely see myself in some of those pieces.:heart:^_^

Oh now that would be interesting if it was! I love that fabric worked into the biker jacket. I would want one even! ^_^

I love it .The jacket from the first picture in #1 is amazing

Amazing!!I love the details on all the pieces

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->