Marni - capsule collection "Summer Edition" 2009

gius

Reaction score
dk1.jpg

Basic Instinct
Marni's new capsule collection combines easy-to-wear pieces with the label's quirky trademarks. by Grace Timothy

"I wanted to form a "personal" wardrobe of those favourite items that make you feel at ease, and get better with each wash," says Consuelo Castiglioni, the doyenne of Marni, unveiling her new brainchild: an easy-wear, easy-wash capsule collection.

"This concept went closely with the idea of effortless clothing -- relaxed and completely timeless." Launching in-store in February, the new line, Summer Edition, draws upon archive favourites reset in zesty colours and eye-popping prints, sure to attract a new generation. "It is aimed at everybody," she explains, "Marni's old friends completing their existing wardrobe, and newcomers who will discover the facets of Marni."

The capsule has as much vivacity and skillful deconstruction as the ready-to-wear collections, all in permutations of cotton. For the beach, cruise stripes on T-shirt dresses and simple kaftans are accessorised with capacious balloon bags and a sunhat. From sandy cove to city, a roomy all-in-one is a great version of this season's big trend, while A-line maxi skirts waft along in whimsy. And from weekend to work, tailored shirts, jackets and trousers complete the capsule. It is a wardrobe that goes beyond the basic, with idiosyncratic details Marni devotees will recognise: beautiful pin tuck folds at a sleeve, soft gathered pleats on a sundress, and chunky resin-disc necklaces.

cont...

And of course, there is print, the corner stone of Marni --graphic black lines over bold strokes of bright yellow collide with oversized Pointillist swirls in tones of putty and blue. There is something of a sixties tribal design in the look, as Castiglioni goes back to her roots with vintage-inspired prints. Among the collection's satchels and shoulder bags, Castiglioni's favourite boasts a splashy print on canvas, designed by Sonic Youth's Kim Gordon. "Art has always had a strong influence on my work," she says. "I bought one of Kim's watercolour paintings, and when I received another selection of her work, it came to my mind that I could use her paintings." These feature on T-shirts too-- another highlight through which the 14-year-old house is reinvigorating its image. But the spirit remains the same arty, offbeat beauty. Look out for the winter edition next season.

scan by mariemaud
from Vogue UK Feb.2009

modepress

Attachments

• 450x450_20090218_001.jpg
    450x450_20090218_001.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 450x450_20090218_002.jpg
    450x450_20090218_002.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 450x450_20090218_003.jpg
    450x450_20090218_003.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 4
  • 450x450_20090218_004.jpg
    450x450_20090218_004.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 450x450_20090218_005.jpg
    450x450_20090218_005.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 3
thank you runner
the prints look like amoeba :smile:

you're welcome gius
ahh yes volvox or something else

Great prints... :heart:
I only wish it wasn't still so $$$...
Esp since, while it's nicely executed, it is lacking the Marni singularities of
the regular collections...

Hi, i am hoping somebody sees this oldish thread. I am looking for a stripe jacket - in the same print as the dress, pants etc. in the prints above - I am sure i saw this in a mag or something somewhere, and it is from the "summer edition" capsule collection ... has anybody seen one anywhere, or familiar with the style i am talking about? thanks :smile:

Looks very cruise...pretty boring really. Everything looks really grandmotherly, the long skirt, the stripes... and those shoes are beyond ugly.

Anyone know where to find pix of the current summer capsule collection? I've ordered an unusual cardigan from it, and am interested to see the styling in lookbook pix, if such a thing exists ...

ETA: There's a Summer section on the Marni website, but it appears to be incomplete. Or perhaps they do store exclusives, or don't carry the whole collection on their own site? :huh: In any case, they don't show the garments on models ...

Last edited by a moderator:
here is the whole collection. i delved into it deeply B) in the nyc store and like you thought it quite unusual. i was quite smitten with blue tulle, khaki, black piping a certain backpack. i actually think that the website has things that the store doesnt and visa versa. they dont make it easy for ya...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->