Marni Capsule Winter 2009

helmut.newton

Reaction score
I know its a little late but it was only released to the press 4 days ago! So close to Fall/Winter 2009! Strange, no?

MILAN, February 27, 2009

By Nicole Phelps

Consuelo Castiglioni likes to talk about her Winter Edition pre-collection as the basis of a Marni wardrobe. A black shearling cape, a Kelly green plaid trench, and a long brown leather vest all fit with the concept of "trendless pieces to keep and wear forever." Still, it felt much sportier in sensibility than her runway shows, with racing stripe pants, zip-front track jackets, and a black-and-white check—like the starting flag at a car race—on a drawstring-neck shift dress. But there was plenty of Castiglioni's signature quirkiness, too, including doll-print T-shirts that play back to the video she made to promote the line.

53aiqt.jpg
v6u2ck.jpg

28tkleb.jpg
19v7vd.jpg

style.com

thank you helmut!
what a sweet video :crush: she made it??

i was hoping to see the coats they used in the animation in the collection..sadly not here.. i loved the black & yellow one.

silhouette seems to be changing.. less volume now at marni...

love all of it, marni keeps going from strength to strength. although it is weird that it was so close to the actual fall collections, which should be any day now, right?

oh and who is that model?

:flower:

the model is yulia chamuk. does anyone know who styled this?

i just love the hair!!!!!!
and the t-shirts :smile:

does anyone know who styled this?
it seems to me that it's still the work of Lucinda Chambers. :unsure:
I quite like it.. both the styling and most of the pieces, very practical and urban, my favorite aspects of Marni.

so.. i guess it was a good move to only show it these last couple of days.. this pre-fall
it is such a huge contrast to the actual fall 09 line.. wow .in a way a surprise, yet their s/s 09 had a similar wild feeling...
accessories, bubbly patterns..

Whilst I do appreciate the practicality of the pieces, no woman should look like she wears adult diapers.......... picture 3 in post #4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->