Marni Goes Melrose

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
great news for the LA crowd :flower:

MARNI TO MELROSE: Marni completed a lease for a 2,500-square-foot store at 8460 Melrose Place in Los Angeles, said Luca Voarino, the company’s vice president and director of sales and marketing. The store is to open in the fall. “L.A. loves us. It was actually about time,” he said, noting there are seven retailers in the greater Los Angeles area that carry Marni merchandise. “We played it fairly there. All our accounts know we’re opening a store.” Chuck Dembo, a partner at real estate firm Dembo & Associates, which was involved in the deal, said Marni will further establish the street as the city’s newest and chicest destination shopping area. In the past year, the two-block, tree-lined thoroughfare, known for its high-cachet antique stores and restaurants, has attracted women’s clothiers Marc Jacobs and Tracy Feith and Italian leather maker Henry Beguelin. Marni, which operates eight stores worldwide, may do as much as $1.6 million in first-year sales, analysts said. Stores in Singapore and Rome are also to open this fall.

from wwd

Hmm I think it's really cool that they are going to open a store in LA...Thanks for the post.

i'm surprised it took so long...but i guess they figure if stella mccartney can survive...anyone can.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Jun 23 2004, 07:11 AM
i'm surprised it took so long...but i guess they figure if stella mccartney can survive...anyone can.
[snapback]294669[/snapback]​

my friend works there and she sais no one buys any thing

any ways i think it's great that marni is opening a store in LA :heart:

thx for the inside scoop space...can't say i'm surprised...marni isn't about t&a...so i'm sure it's hard for the LA crowd to understand it... :ermm:

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 19 2004, 05:44 PM
thx for the inside scoop space...can't say i'm surprised...marni isn't about t&a...so i'm sure it's hard for the LA crowd to understand it... :ermm:
[snapback]338961[/snapback]​

uhm no i was refering to stella mccartney

despite what you would like to think LA is not full of fake people

there is a higher percentage there than pretty much anywhere because of hollywood...it's the land of make-believe...of course there are other people too...

but anyway...i thought this was about the marni store...so i thought that's what you were talking about...i would be curious to know how it's doing...

who knew mccartney opened a la store. i sure didn't. maybe because it didn't get nearly as much press. the whole meat packing controversy.

I'm a big fan of Marni and always wondered why they don't have a shop in NYC. Spotted some interesting tweed skirts (I know, overdone this season, but Marni's are quite distinctive) in Barneys yesterday.

I guess that could be good and bad, because for the most part, Marni still is under the radar of many shoppers.

Originally posted by Theory@Aug 21 2004, 01:43 PM
I'm a big fan of Marni and always wondered why they don't have a shop in NYC. Spotted some interesting tweed skirts (I know, overdone this season, but Marni's are quite distinctive) in Barneys yesterday.

I guess that could be good and bad, because for the most part, Marni still is under the radar of many shoppers.
[snapback]340953[/snapback]​

the marni store in NYC is in soho....a couple of doors down from marc jacobs on mercer just below houston...

you've got to make your way downtown more often theory...

the store in and of itself is amazing...worth a visit... :flower:

When did that open? Is it anything like the crazy store in Milan with the distorted windows and racks "dripping" with clothes? Are they doing mens still?

Originally posted by purechris@Aug 21 2004, 01:58 PM
When did that open?  Is it anything like the crazy store in Milan with the distorted windows and racks "dripping" with clothes?  Are they doing mens still?
[snapback]340968[/snapback]​

yup...racks hanging from the ceiling dripping with clothes...i think it's MUCH better than the prada store...

been there for at least 2 yrs...probably more... :flower:

edit-and yes they have men's...

Wow, I never knew.

Downtown is so far away (hell, midtown is) and by the time I strap up the kids, get organized...it never happens....maybe on a lunch break here and there, which hardly happens. When you have kids it gets harder to make such escapes and in my old age I find myself just making the quick stop to Barneys :(......although that's no valid excuse for not knowing this!

I've never been to the Marc Jacobs stores...his stuff just kinda makes me well.... :ninja:
I defintely have to check it out though. Thanks!

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 21 2004, 02:56 PM
the marni store in NYC is in soho....a couple of doors down from marc jacobs on mercer just below houston...

you've got to make your way downtown more often theory...

the store in and of itself is amazing...worth a visit... :flower:
[snapback]340967[/snapback]​

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 21 2004, 02:02 PM
yup...racks hanging from the ceiling dripping with clothes...i think it's MUCH better than the prada store...

been there for at least 2 yrs...probably more... :flower:

edit-and yes they have men's...
[snapback]340971[/snapback]​

WOW! I can't believe I didn't know. Next trip, I'm there.

Who did the Marni store design?

i don't remember...i'm not really into architecture...sorry...

Future Systems did A Marni store in 1999...not sure if it's the New York one. They also did the Comme Des Garcons store in NY (and maybe paris).

Originally posted by Theory@Aug 21 2004, 02:07 PM
Wow, I never knew.

Downtown is so far away (hell, midtown is) and by the time I strap up the kids, get organized...it never happens....maybe on a lunch break here and there, which hardly happens. When you have kids it gets harder to make such escapes and in my old age I find myself just making the quick stop to Barneys :(......although that's no valid excuse for not knowing this!

I've never been to the Marc Jacobs stores...his stuff just kinda makes me well.... :ninja:
I defintely have to check it out though. Thanks!
[snapback]340977[/snapback]​

I hear you about having kids (sand the old age :P ). At least I work within walking distance to Soho, Meatpacking district, Village, Tribeca. Otherwise I don't know what I'd do :lol: But I've never been to Marni store either.

Originally posted by loserunit@Aug 19 2004, 06:12 PM
who knew mccartney opened a la store. i sure didn't. maybe because it didn't get nearly as much press. the whole meat packing controversy.
[snapback]338984[/snapback]​

There was a big opening
it's on Beverly near the Robertson shoping area

How exiting! This area of Melrose, west of Fairfax is really starting to take off.... with Marc Jacobs, Marni, etc.... it will be right near Miu Miu :heart: I hope that eventually, this area will have more pedestrians like Robertson and Sunset plaza, because right now, the sidewalks are empty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KHERLAK
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->