Martin Margiela destroyed my poor feet!

a little off topic, but does anyone know if Hussein Chalayan does men's footwear? That I would like to see.

brian w said:
a little off topic, but does anyone know if Hussein Chalayan does men's footwear? That I would like to see.

Never seen one in person, but I'd be very interested.

For now, my men's footwear rankings (by it I mostly mean boots, of course :P );

Ann Demeulemeester
Carpe Diem
Margiela (<< only the ones brian has, not the 22 line)
Carol Christian Poell (<< lookwise mostly, since i hear a lot of complaints about comfort)
Collection Privee
N.D.C.
Premiata

BTW, speaking of what one would like to see - I would be very happy to see men's Veronique Branqhuino footwear.

faust said:
For now, my men's footwear rankings (by it I mostly mean boots, of course :P );

Ann Demeulemeester
Carpe Diem
Margiela (<< only the ones brian has, not the 22 line)
Carol Christian Poell (<< lookwise mostly, since i hear a lot of complaints about comfort)
Collection Privee
N.D.C.
Premiata

I'm not familiar with Demeulemeester's pieces but bet I would like them. I love Margiela (duh). My shoe collection is about 80% boots, and I have more by Costume National than enyone else, they do great things (and some not-so-great things). John Varvatos is great. I have a Dior Homme pair that I LOVE. A Helmut Lang lace-up ankle boot, a Comme des Garcons ankle boot that's brown except with a blue heel. If Veronique did shoes/boots they would rock. (I only have some scarves by her but want to get a major piece sometime, her stuff this season is great!)

brian w said:
I'm not familiar with Demeulemeester's pieces but bet I would like them. I love Margiela (duh). My shoe collection is about 80% boots, and I have more by Costume National than enyone else, they do great things (and some not-so-great things). John Varvatos is great. I have a Dior Homme pair that I LOVE. A Helmut Lang lace-up ankle boot, a Comme des Garcons ankle boot that's brown except with a blue heel. If Veronique did shoes/boots they would rock. (I only have some scarves by her but want to get a major piece sometime, her stuff this season is great!)

Well, then, checking out Ann's footwear is an absolute MUST for you :flower: . And I can attest to their quality and comfort, I own three pairs ^_^ . If you don't mind me derailing this thread I can post some pictures.

^yup. I love MM's but I kept looking at those wooden soles of his and imagining myself walking all day in them around that big village....I just couldn't do it.

Speaking of designers you'd like to see,Faust....I wish A.F. Vandevorst would do shoes for men....the women's are really amazing. And An is actually noted for the amazing footwear she designs for the label. In fact,next to Demeulemeester they rate the best from a Belgian designer.

Scott said:
^yup. I love MM's but I kept looking at those wooden soles of his and imagining myself walking all day in them around that big village....I just couldn't do it.

Speaking of designers you'd like to see,Faust....I wish A.F. Vandevorst would do shoes for men....the women's are really amazing. And An is actually noted for the amazing footwear she designs for the label. In fact,next to Demeulemeester they rate the best from a Belgian designer.

Absolutely. I gave my wife a pair for her last birthday! But, they do have a small rise, so they are fairly uncomfortable :( . I really should give them to a good cobbler to stretch.

^I think Filip actually wears some of the shoes himself...so perhaps they can be unisex,some of them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->