Mary Katrantzou For Adidas

honeycombchild

Reaction score
MARY KATRANTZOU is to collaborate with Adidas. The American sportswear brand today announced that the collaboration - slated to launch in November - will be a long-term union and will comprise both clothing and footwear.
"I'm really excited to be working with Adidas on a line of apparel and footwear," Katrantzou told us this morning. "I grew up, like so many other kids around the world, wearing Adidas sneakers and I'm really excited about bringing my vision to such a global brand. They have a fantastic heritage and their ability to innovate in sportswear makes them the perfect partner for us to work with in this market."
Katrantzou follows in the footsteps of Pharrell Williams, Raf Simons and Stella McCartney by joining forces with Adidas, something that Dirk Schoenberger, global creative director of Adidas's sport style division, is naturally very excited about.
"The collaboration between Adidas and Mary Katrantzou merges the
exceptional talent of one of the most interesting designers of today and a
company that embraces many different cultures from sports, pop, music and
fashion," Schoenberger told us. "I admire Mary's extraordinary sense of printing techniques, colours and silhouette that will bring another amazing new aesthetic to the adidas originals women's collection."
We know where we'll be getting our kicks come Christmas.

From Vogue.co.uk

Adidas is a European brand, how come it's American?

I discovered Mary Katrantzou very recently and I like her designs. I can't wait to see this collaboration

with her knack for graphic prints and textures it should translate rather interestingly to street attire. really keen to see the result!

so schoenberger was tapped as global creative director...i just thought he was only responsible to for designing SLVR....i guess this is partly the reason raf simons was brought in for collaboration since dirk knows raf pretty well from their early antwerp days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aurah
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->