Maryam Malakpour - Stylist

Zorka

Reaction score
Maryam began collaborating with top designers like Alexander McQueen, Hedi Slimane, and Ennio Capasa while working on the Rolling Stones tours. Since then she’s styled numerous campaigns including Nine West with Constance Jblonski, Louis Vuitton with Keith Richards, Thomas Wylde with Craig Kadel, Costume National, and Gap. Maryam has also worked with, and continues to work with model, Heidi Klum. In addition she has styled editorials for British Vogue, Vogue Paris, VMan, Vanity Fair, and Rolling Stone. Maryam has also worked on the film ‘Wonderland’ with Val Kilmer and Kate Bosworth and Larry Clark’s film ‘Wassup Rockers’. She currently serves as a contributing fashion editor for Telegraph Sunday.

What is your most memorable “panic moment”?

Maryam: It would have to be on the set of the Lenny Kravitz video shoot for ‘American Woman’. We were in the middle of the dessert and we had a pair of custom-made royal blue perforated leather pants and jacket done for the shoot and in the first few takes the pants ripped in the back seat. Unluckily for me it was not on the seam and the actual leather had ripped!

How did you recover from it gracefully?

Maryam: To be honest I can’t even remember what we did! I’m sure we laughed and cried about it but the best thing about Rock and Roll is that anything can happen and sometimes it just works out. I think I just took a needle and black thread and stitched it up!

What is your favorite era for fashion?

Maryam: One of my favorite eras was the early 60’s as well as ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’. This was also my favorite era for Givenchy and Balenciaga!

What was your “big break”?

Maryam: I call it big school! The Rolling Stones; I toured with them for four tours starting with Bridges to Babylon which lead to all their music videos and everything else they did. After working with the Rolling Stones, from their diverse personalities to pleasing their entourage and working for such an iconic band with so much history, I was ready for anything!

Whose closet would you most like to raid?

Maryam: Anna Dello Russo

simplystylist.com

Vogue Russia October 2014

КЛУМ ПО ИНТЕРЕСАМ (KLUM INTERESTS)
Photographer: Francesco Carrozzini
Stylist: Maryam Malakpour
Hair: Rolando Beauchamp
Make-up: Kabuki
Model: Heidi Klum

Vogue Russia 10.2014. Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics