Matthew Williamson Fall 2004

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
Billion-Dollar Boho Babe
Matthew Williamson’s trademark hippie chic

Thursday, February 12, 2004

THE LOOK: Matthew Williamson dresses the swinging London set—It Girls like Sophie Dahl and front row fashion show guest Jade Jagger—who jump around the globe looking like fabulous, rich hippies. His fall collection was in continuous pursuit of keeping these ladies happy. Who else is going to throw a knitted mink poncho over denim jeans? Who can make a Guatemalan carpet-ish dress look chic? Williamson's strength is in his fresh take on great ‘70’s moments like patchwork lace, featured on tiered blouses or A-line dresses with wide crisp sleeves, and little details like embroidery and dangling charms. His vertically striped metallic tweed jacket was a winner, but as usual, Williamson really wowed with the glama-rama dresses, which came wrap-tied in dragonfly prints or bright silk chiffons with triangle tops. Coming soon to Ibiza…

Friend and It Girl Bay Garnett styled the show again and made full use of his accessories. This is Williamson’s second season of shoes and bags, which came in pony skin, embroidered silk, and metallic tweed.

HEAVILY OVERUSED BUZZWORDS: Mink, haute hippie, vacay

SEEN:
Helena Christiansen in a long printed Matthew Williamson chiffon dress with apple green jacket and YSL lavender flower bag

Jade Jagger in Moschino Jeans tucked into white Christian Louboutin boots, white tank top, and plenty of Garrard jewels

Hilary Alexander, clapping to get the show rolling

HEARD:
There were murmurs in the crowd that this wasn’t his best season but you know that the dresses will set off bulbs flashing on the red carpets.
J.J. MARTIN AND TANYA JENSEN

It seems like what he usually does best but it seems very fresh. Quite good for him. :smile:

I've always liked his palette picks for his collections!
This one I like

i think it's time for matthew williamson to either move to an ailing house or just show in paris...i think these clothes aren't received as well as they would be by an international audience

i've grown to almost like Matthiew W. collections,
but i was quite dissapointed from hos last show.
i liked the V-neck dresses but something was 'not there'..

here, my only faves from this rather dissapointing collection

i actually like it the models remind me of charlotte from sex and the city

The dresses are okay. The show was mostly meh to me, especially in the beginning. I do adore his palette but don't understand the choice of Sophie Dahl as muse. :blink:

I ahve never been a reall fan of Mathew W. even though I do enjoy some of hsi stuff and his happy 70's ethnic look. but overal I fidn him a bti trashy and trendy.

Thsi collectionwas far to broing and dull.

The onyl piece I really like was the apple green dress with red and yellow flowers

Originally posted by HBoogie@Feb 15th, 2004 - 7:42 am
don't understand the choice of Sophie Dahl as muse. :blink:
neither do i.. she's totally annoying to me :yuk:

Absolutely love it. These are clothes that make women look and feel beautiful. Okay, so Matthew Williamson may have forgotten it's "Fall/Winter" but hey it's got to be summer somewhere.

Could very well be my favorite NY show at this moment. The hair (go Guido!) is gorgeous x 100. Long tresses, Jesus, that's like the best 'do. The makeup is excellent. And did you see the smile on each and every girl? That's because they feel like models and to quote Heidi Klum, "Here I am and check me out!"

Everyone from my youngest sister to my mom can find something to just have forever from this collection.

Bravo, Mr. Williamson, for making cool clothes that look good and make women feel pretty too. Some designers forget that part.

I liked some, but not most of the collection :unsure:
but the dresses were fresh and flowing, there was something lovely about them :flower:

I'm with Atelier on this one.
I find the collection delicious.
I want to see more of the collection.
What works for me are the colors and fabrication, which are strong enough to carry the silhouette, which is also nice.

I dont care if its trendy, I know I would feel good wearing one of these dresses...thats what a good dress should do.

I love the colours and I like this collection alot. I want to see more. :heart:

ive been getting a piece or two by MATTHEW W each season.
not that i LOVEd his collections but i could always find some fun stuff. the last collection was bad.
this one is quite good. i like it :heart: :flower:

I liked this collection alot, it was girly, floaty, and all that pretty stuff.

When I first really got into fashion I really loved Matthew Williamson because he dressed some of my favourite celebs style wise, like Helena Christensen and Laura Bailey and his boho, floaty style appeals to me. But I do think his style is very trendy and not innovative, it doesn't seem to evolve season to season. I do like this collection but there is something quite amature about it. There are some pieces I like and some that are quite blah.

bit late posting here but i absolutely loved this collection. It was hitting the nail on the head for me, personally. I wondered if anyone knew around what price the sheepskin boots were?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->