Matthew Williamson leaving Pucci

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
this (in the wake of the peter som news) is actually not surprising...
i'm assuming his last show will be for s/s 09...

Emilio Pucci is apparently looking for a successor to Matthew Williamson, as the designer focuses more on growing his own business. The London-based Williamson assumed the role of creative director at Pucci, a division of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, three years ago, taking over from Christian Lacroix. Pucci is said to have approached some design assistants about succeeding Williamson.

Matthew Williamson’s first U.S. flagship is set to launch early next year in Manhattan’s Meatpacking District. The 2,500-square-foot space will be the designer’s second in the world, joining his five-year-old store on London’s Bruton Street. Williamson started his own company in 1997 and his label is sold through 170 wholesale accounts.

wwd

Thank god, always hated what he did. Bring back Lacroix!

Wow......I love designer turn-overs....this could be exciting!

meat-packing district.. sounds interesting :neutral: i think it would be nice to see a new head too

To be honest, i expected more of Williamson at Pucci ... sad hes off, but this is an opportunity for him to bring back his label which seems to have lost a bit of its luster ..

I just wonder wholl succeed

Yes, as nice a guy he is, his design work isn't anything special or exciting.

I thought what he did for Pucci was the very bare minimal.

It was always "This is nice, but its not special".

Pucci really needs a star designer though to lift it back to the A Level.

I mean what help is firing Williamson but hiring one of his design assistants to take over? It'll be the same, no?

They should never have let Lacroix go, but that's besides the point.

Pucci's DNA makes it so easy for a designer to make tacky stuff, so they need someone who knows color and pattern and is able to handle them with a confident but light hand.

Despite all the love of bright color and patterns going on in fashion now, there are very few designers who use them with finesse.

um call em crazy but i always thought carrie mundane for pucci would be interesting
maybe like a little capsule collection or something... haha

Well I know I will miss him... I thought this was a perfect fit.

^^Me too i thought he honored the houses legacy well and this is surprising for me but i think someone new, someone great could bring alot to the brand, lets hope they choose wisely.

I honestly liked his work for Pucci much more than anything he's ever done for his own line... he managed to keep with the Pucci aesthetic.

Oh well.

I loved his work!!!Of course he was nothing compared to Lacroix...
I wonder who will be the successor(hope none from the internal team work)

I think this is good news for Pucci ... he never seemed comfortable doing Pucci, he seemed to want to make it over into something much simpler.

I miss these gorgeous prints, which made Matthew for Pucci :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->