Margiela & Williamson In London

Originally posted by Scott+Apr 12th, 2004 - 4:16 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scott @ Apr 12th, 2004 - 4:16 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by chickonspeed@Apr 12th, 2004 - 2:26 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Scott
@Apr 10th, 2004 - 9:28 am
That's what some die-hards have said(you know who).

Who! Who! Who!
:lol:

Just a mutual friend of Lena's and mine who lives at the MM racks of Barney's. She's been a bit disappointed lately and frankly this is someone who is OBSESSED with MM. [/b][/quote]
barney's has always had a poor selection of his clothes...though...very few pieces...IF in soho has a better grouping and now 7...maybe you could suggest that your friend check these other outlets... :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey+Apr 12th, 2004 - 4:24 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Apr 12th, 2004 - 4:24 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Scott@Apr 12th, 2004 - 4:16 pm
Originally posted by chickonspeed@Apr 12th, 2004 - 2:26 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Scott
@Apr 10th, 2004 - 9:28 am
That's what some die-hards have said(you know who).

Who! Who! Who!

:lol:

Just a mutual friend of Lena's and mine who lives at the MM racks of Barney's. She's been a bit disappointed lately and frankly this is someone who is OBSESSED with MM.
barney's has always had a poor selection of his clothes...though...very few pieces...IF in soho has a better grouping and now 7...maybe you could suggest that your friend check these other outlets... :flower: [/b][/quote]
It's high time Barney's hired me as their buyer, really! B)
IF is the original MMM rep in the States - they definitely have the biggest collection (and it's their bread and butter, along with Ivan Grundhal).

Steven Alan also expanded his MMM selection, although it's all second line.

A. peeps told me they were thinking about carrying him, but I begged them not to :ninja:

Ohhhh I LOVE Matthew Williamson!
But his clothes are so hard to get in US >_<
Hope there'll be a boutique real soon in US!!

sooo...i checked out both stores this weekend...the margiela store was so incredibly cool...i signed the wall too... :P ...the store is two small floors...but they carry all of the different lines...the sales staff is just lovely...very cool and chill...and the second floor is just a mass of skylights so it feels like being in an airy attic...very cool...and in the mmm style...all the furniture and display cases are old furniture which has been given a new purpose and painted white...just lovely...(i bought a bunch of stuff because i needed something to remember the place by...)

on the other end of the spectrum is matthew williamson, just around the corner...it is also beautiful in a much more colourful and shiny kind of way...it reminded me of mardis gras...and there is a huge atrium toward the back of the store -all glassed in with huge plants and a single mannequin wearing a red/coral dress...she looks like she's in the jungle amid all the foliage...it all had a very tropical feel to it...the clothes were very pretty and girly and sexy...and pricey... :wacko: :ninja: ...lovely, but not for me... :flower:

i highly recommend a visit to them bot but martin margiela was a special highlight!

also worth checking out-B store down the road...all young new designers and shoes...
they have the designer's they carry do the window displays and it just happened that boudicca had done the current one... :heart: it was like an art installation...beautiful...anyone who's in london should check it out before they take it down... :flower: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I just received your reply to the PM, and was wondering, has anyone else signed the wall?

Originally posted by ahhGucci@May 11th, 2004 - 1:26 pm
I just received your reply to the PM, and was wondering, has anyone else signed the wall?
actually-matthew willamson signed it...paul smith and ....giorgio armani... :huh:

plus loads more folks and some silly stuff...it's mostly silly... :wink: :P
but it was definitely fun!!!...they have red, blue, black and silver markers for you to use...

Originally posted by softgrey@May 11th, 2004 - 1:01 pm
sooo...i checked out both stores this weekend...the margiela store was so incredibly cool...i signed the wall too... :P ...the store is two small floors...but they carry all of the different lines...the sales staff is just lovely...very cool and chill...and the second floor is just a mass of skylights so it feels like being in an airy attic...very cool...and in the mmm style...all the furniture and display cases are old furniture which has been given a new purpose and painted white...just lovely...(i bought a bunch of stuff because i needed something to remember the place by...)

on the other end of the spectrum is matthew williamson, just around the corner...it is also beautiful in a much more colourful and shiny kind of way...it reminded me of mardis gras...and there is a huge atrium toward the back of the store -all glassed in with huge plants and a single mannequin wearing a red/coral dress...she looks like she's in the jungle amid all the foliage...it all had a very tropical feel to it...the clothes were very pretty and girly and sexy...and pricey... :wacko: :ninja: ...lovely, but not for me... :flower:

i highly recommend a visit to them bot but martin margiela was a special highlight!

also worth checking out-B store down the road...all young new designers and shoes...
they have the designer's they carry do the window displays and it just happened that boudicca had done the current one... :heart: it was like an art installation...beautiful...anyone who's in london should check it out before they take it down... :flower: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Yay, softie is back :flower: ! Did you get the bracelet at MMM? I want a 20 page report on tFS by tomorrow (doublespaced) :lol:

no faust...they didn't have the bracelet...but i got some other stuff...posted on the secret shopaholics thread...

i'm trying to figure out where to post the details of the trip...maybe on the fave places to shop in london thread?... :huh:

right now i've started posting bits and pieces everywhere...hmmm....

Originally posted by softgrey@May 11th, 2004 - 2:01 pm

my husband & I went to see the shop but it was closed (on a saturday afternoon????) - looked like a nice building. Couldn't be bothered going into tthe Matthew Williamson shop....

helena-i wasn't going to bother with matthew williamson either, but i was going to a gallery called haunch of venison so i passed by and it was worth a look...the atrium is beautiful...i just did a quick lap around the store... :wink:

Originally posted by softgrey@May 12th, 2004 - 10:44 am
i was going to a gallery called haunch of venison
we saw that gallery but we didn't go in - we laughed because my Dad always gets a hanch of venison as a gift at Christmas time (a Scottish thing)!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->