Maxim October 2015 : Isabeli Fontana by Gilles Bensimon

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
HQ Cover:

maxim.com

We like Maxim now, right? Thought I'd start a thread since the cover's so gorgeous featuring Isabeli Fontana. This could be Elle in the 90s! Obviously if the thread doesn't receive much buzz, I'll move it to the Men's Magazines thread.

Wow, they finally have a classy cover and Isabeli looks super sexy and beautiful here!

I'm really really liking maxim lately!

Maxim is absolutely incredible nowadays. The EIC took a crappy men's magazine (although I admit I liked some of their early 2000s work) and just gave it a whole new life and the imagery they produce rivals a lot of top fashion magazines. It may not be the most innovative or provocative publication, but they give just beautiful classic images of stunningly gorgeous models. Hiring Gilles Bensimon to shoot the covers was also a great move, I do hope they bring in some diversity aside from the beach shots which they did a lot with Candice, Lily A, Emily D.

I know Gilles shot Ale Ambrosio in Monaco for Maxim so I'm looking forward to more variety from the beach nymph shoots.

Such a nice shot, glad to see Gilles continue to work for this magazine. I'm afraid this looks more like a women's magazine to me. The tousled hair looks too styled, there's very little cleavage, and the dress looks very fashion-ey. I doubt real men will associate with this cover, let alone the Maxim reader. There's a story in the Rumor thread that the new redesign is not faring good on the newsstand, and covers like this just adds fuel to that fire.

The only thing I dislike about Isabeli nowadays is how incredibly fake her fake boobs look. I expected them to be front and center on the cover when I first opened this thread. Glad to see the that's not really the case, and that the styling is actually very natural, pretty and classy. The editorial is great, too. Probably the best she's looked since 2003!

ISABELI
Photographer: Gilles Bensimon
Stylist: Wayne Gross
Hair: Riad Azar
Make-up: Brigitte Reiss-Andersen
Model/Celebrity: Isabeli Fontana

Without text (HQ:(

Maxim US

What's with the hair lately?! She looks like she's going to a fancy dress party as Kirsty Alley.

classictvbeauties.com

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back