MDC (Models.com) Rankings

Maybe Raquel will be moved to the icons list soon,no?

I don't think so ... Raquel will probably stay in the 50 girls list for at least a year, and IMO, if Isabeli continues with the good job, she'll probably be the next #1

Maryna Linchuk should be higher! She's done eds for every big magazine! And she had an only-girl ed in Vogue US by Meisel, not to mention all the campaigns last season!

^i totally agree with this.maryna is kind of everywhere...she is doing very well atm i think.

i actually think one of the other girls should be number 1. but, as i know a lot of the inner workings of models.com's top 50, whoever is there next i will not believe to deserve it.

why elise crombez is still so high up i have no idea. i see more of gemma than i do of lisa (and gemma went from 1 to nowhere!) to me, this list makes no sense. think about malgolsia being number 2 for ages when she hadnt really done anything leading up to it.

i much prefer the top 75 on here, cos at least it makes sense and is freshly updated, and even if you think its a strange order, it stands for itself why the girls who are at the top are at the top.

The girls that shouldn't be so high IMO are, Beahti, Adina, Julia D., Bruna, Doutzen, Julia S., Mariacarla, Freja, Elise, Caroline, Kinee, Chanel, Hye, Valentina, Vlada & Snejana

agree a lot with xPedro, except for Freja. and i also think Racquel shouldnt be #1. could be personal, but surely models.com #1 should be able to walk?

Some big changes today and recently...

Georgia Frost was booted a while ago. Today, Yana Karpova and Angelika Kocheva left the rankings. Adina Forizs moved down to 43. And three new girls were added who all three have not had any major jobs yet but apparantly have some great work coming up. Arlenis Pena/Sosa enters at 48. It won't be long untill she goes up I think. As I mentioned in her thread, Raquel entered the list at number 50 years ago and is now number 1. I have a feeling her fate will be somewhat the same and that she won't be a one hit wonder model at all, like Georgia Frost and Tayla Collins were. Malin Ones enters at 44. Eniko Mihalik enters at 38. This means that thusfar, six F/W 08.09 girls entered the list thusfar (the other being, Karmen, Abbey and Jourdan) Abbey moved up to 24, making her trade places with Olga Sherer who is now down to 29. I understand moving Abbey up, but I don't get why Olga moved down. She is still smoking hot right now.

What's interesting is that these three new girls have all not appeared in any major magazines yet (the've only shot their bookings I guess). Whereas two other F/W 08.09 girls have and are not on the list yet. Those girls being Aline Weber and Georgina Stojiljkovic. Perhaps they will be added next. All in all, F/W 08.09 seems to have delivered the biggest new girl success in seasons.

* Update, May 27th

50. Ali Michael
49. Flávia de Oliveira
48. Arlenis Sosa Penã
47. Kinee Diouf
46. Du Juan
45. Kinga Rajzak
44. Edita Vilkeviciute / Malin Ones
43. Adina Forizs
42. Julia Dunstall
41. Suzanne Diaz
40. Alyona Osmanova
39. Jordan Dunn / Alana Zimmer
38. Shanna Click / Eniko Mihalik
37. Masha Novoselova / Karmen Pedaru
36. Daiane Conterato
35. Egle Tvirbutaite
34. Bruna Tenório
33. Iekeliene Stange
32. Rachel Clark
31. Behati Prinsloo
30. Kamila Filipcikova
29. Elise Combrez / Olga Sherer
28. Agnete Hegelund
27. Siri Tollerod
26. Karlie Kloss
25. Maryna Linchuck
24. Abbey Lee / Irina Kulikova
23. Magdalena Frackowiak
22. Diana Dondoe
21. Meghan Collison
20. Chanel Iman
19. Missy Rayder
18. Snejana Onopka / Hye Park
17. Anabela Belikova / Lisa Cant
16. Vlada Roslyakova
15. Ali Stephens
14. Valentina Zelyaeva / Toni Garrn
13. Kasia Struss
12. Tanya Dziahileva
11. Freja Beha Erichsen / Mariacarla Boscono
10. Irina Lazareanu / Suvi Koponen
9. Catherine McNeil
8. Lara Stone / Isabeli Fontana
7. Agyness Deyn / Caroline Trentini
6. Lily Donaldson / Natasha Poly
5. Coco Rocha / Anja Rubik
4. Hilary Rhoda / Jessica Stam
3. Doutzen Kroes / Julia Stegner
2. Sasha Pivovarova
1. Raquel Zimmermann

If I've said it once, I'll say it again...this list is so pointless and stupid and not really telling of what the models are actually doing, work-wise.

Some big changes today and recently...

Georgia Frost was booted a while ago. Today, Yana Karpova and Angelika Kocheva left the rankings. Adina Forizs moved down to 43. And three new girls were added who all three have not had any major jobs yet but apparantly have some great work coming up. Arlenis Pena/Sosa enters at 48. It won't be long untill she goes up I think. As I mentioned in her thread, Raquel entered the list at number 50 years ago and is now number 1. I have a feeling her fate will be somewhat the same and that she won't be a one hit wonder model at all, like Georgia Frost and Tayla Collins were. Malin Ones enters at 44. Eniko Mihalik enters at 38. This means that thusfar, six F/W 08.09 girls entered the list thusfar (the other being, Karmen, Abbey and Jourdan) Abbey moved up to 24, making her trade places with Olga Sherer who is now down to 29. I understand moving Abbey up, but I don't get why Olga moved down. She is still smoking hot right now.

What's interesting is that these three new girls have all not appeared in any major magazines yet (the've only shot their bookings I guess). Whereas two other F/W 08.09 girls have and are not on the list yet. Those girls being Aline Weber and Georgina Stojiljkovic. Perhaps they will be added next. All in all, F/W 08.09 seems to have delivered the biggest new girl success in seasons.

thanks for your analysis.

The girls that shouldn't be so high IMO are, Beahti, Adina, Julia D., Bruna, Doutzen, Julia S., Mariacarla, Freja, Elise, Caroline, Kinee, Chanel, Hye, Valentina, Vlada & Snejana

Elise should be a lot higher

Do people actually take this serious ???Ive seen girls on that list that barely have made a wave. i prefers MR-dale's list or supporting-cast's!

I think the top 15 except Ali and Toni features the right girls but maybe in the wrong order

They updated the icons list:

1. Kate Moss
2. Gisele Bundchen
3. Carolyn Murphy
4. Linda Evangelista - moved up
5. Naomi Campbell - moved up
6. Natalia Vodianova - moved down
7. Daria Werbowy - moved up
8. Angela Lindvall - moved up
9. Liya Kebede - moved down
10. Stella Tennant - moved down
11. Carmen Kass - moved down
12. Christy Turlington
13. Karolina Kurkova - moved down
14. Karen Elson
15. Amber Valetta

I think Natalia should switch positions with Carolyn, where is Carolyn? Haven't seen her doing anything major for quite a while and Natalia had Versace, LV, VI, Vogue UK...

I'm really surprised that Natalia has moved down now. She seems to be everywhere lately.

I think the top 15 except Ali and Toni features the right girls but maybe in the wrong order

i agree. a lot of the time the top 15 girls are girls who are established in the modeling industry; they don't have "fame" so much, which is why they aren't featured on the icons list, but i mean we know how the fashion industry works; a girl who usually gets to the top 10 usually has been around for quite some seasons and even if she isn't working regularly anymore the magnitude of the work she is doing is usually critical.

yes, we all know that just about all the girls in the top 5, with the exception of Anja, Coco & Stam, don't even walk shows but they are usually the girls that do the big jobs on normal occasions versus someone who does a big job once in a while and may have been around in the industry for a very long time.

..my opinion :woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
On the icons list, I don't get it at all.

In my humble opinion kate Moss is not number one no matter what. Her fame is not due to her work but due to her boyfriends, drinking etcc.
Claudia Schiffer has tons of high profile work, like Channel and Christy Torlington as well.

I don't know I just think Gisele is way bigger then she is right now, but since Gisele is more comercial IT IS NOT acceptable for her to on top of THE COOL Kate

I think Kate Moss deserves to be no1, it's not about fame, she's worked a lot lately, how many covers did she have this year already?! With this season's bookings I kind of agree with that list, except for Carolyn Murphy, imo she doesn't even deserve to be there, especially at number 3! I think she should at least switch with Natalia, who was been everywhere lately.

as far as the icons list goes..i just don't agree with the rankings but i do think that everyone there does deserve to be there no matter which perspective you look at the list. One thing that all the icons have in common is some sort of "groundbreaking" career and a career with longevity.

Sessilee Lopez was added at number 42
Meghan Collison dropped down to number 30
Abbey-Lee moved up to number 21

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"