Men's Fashion Magazines - Suggestions?

cygnenoir

This is the Renaissance
Reaction score
One of my male friends just asked me which men's magazine was the best for keeping up with men's fashion.

And it occurred to me that I really don't have any idea! ^_^

My friend is interested in trends, but his interest is more in what to wear to work and designer than say, the latest in hoodies and street wear. (Although I think he would appreciate some of that as well.)

:heart: Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

There are none...Seriously...

We're left high-and-dry...

Of what we do have.

I prefer:
Details
FHM Collection (not the normal FHM)
Men'swear (comes out like once a year I think)

that's really about it. I tend to pick up others, but don't think they do a very good job.

I have yet to determine if Men's Vogue is even worth the time and money at this point. I did not really care for the first two issues, and I'm waiting to see the third, before forming a concrete opninion.

Edited to Add - the relatively new GQ Style magazine seemed pretty good. If you can find it.

Last edited by a moderator:
-10+
-Vman
-Another man
-Arena Homme +

^^^^ none of these come out on the regular....but are worth it to pick up a couple times per year...

Diorling said:
There are none...Seriously...

We're left high-and-dry...

agreed.

This issue of AH+ was actually very good.

I can only recommend picking up i-D on those months centered on menswear.

I love the scans I see from Men's Non-No

However, that is in Japanese so it might not be that big of a help for you! The fashion is good though :woot:

KhaoticKharma said:
I love the scans I see from Men's Non-No

However, that is in Japanese so it might not be that big of a help for you! The fashion is good though :woot:

As long as the pictures are in English :P. Can we see these scans on the net?

There are two problems I have with most men's magazines.

They are covered in naked woman inside and out. I want to see men's fashion not Adriana Lima on the beach.

Those "artsy" shots where you don't really even see the clothes the model has on. I appreciate your "vision" and story telling through imagery, but what the hell is he wearing.:lol:

Ahhh, so I'm not crazy. I'm seeing a big gap in the market here! Maybe we should start a real men's fashion magazine?

I agree Ianastar, my friend is truly interested in clothes, trends and learning how to put together his wardrobe. He doesn't really want to read articles about how to tell fake breasts from real ones or whatever! (Or so he claims, anyhow! :lol: ) He also doesn't really care about women's fashion. He's probably pretty typical, he has started his first real job, and finally has the money to buy some nice things, but not so much that he can afford to make expensive mistakes.

Thank you all for the replies (and please keep them coming)! :heart: Sounds like I need to take him to our local import magazine shop.

cygnenoir said:
Ahhh, so I'm not crazy. I'm seeing a big gap in the market here! Maybe we should start a real men's fashion magazine?

I agree Ianastar, my friend is truly interested in clothes, trends and learning how to put together his wardrobe. He doesn't really want to read articles about how to tell fake breasts from real ones or whatever! (Or so he claims, anyhow! :lol: ) He also doesn't really care about women's fashion. He's probably pretty typical, he has started his first real job, and finally has the money to buy some nice things, but not so much that he can afford to make expensive mistakes.

Thank you all for the replies (and please keep them coming)! :heart: Sounds like I need to take him to our local import magazine shop.

I've often thought that if I had the money, it's the one thing I would do. Start a men's fashion magazine that is exactly what I've been looking for and never really found.

Thank god for blogs now, because it's a cheaper and easier way to get information out.

Ianastar said:
Thank god for blogs now, because it's a cheaper and easier way to get information out.

Any favourite blogs I can pass on?

I also had the Men's New York Times style supplement (which comes out twice a year, I believe) suggested. The downside is that everyone else reads it and suddenly there will be a worldwide panic for gold Dior Homme boots!

This is fun, like learning about an alternate universe! I'd have no problem answering these questions for a woman. :lol:

I think for menswear...
Men's Non-no is really good...
The styling is great, although people said the inspiration come form western people street fashion...
the bad thing is I cant read Japanese....

CAPiTA said:
-10+
-Vman
-Another man
-Arena Homme +

^^^^ none of these come out on the regular....but are worth it to pick up a couple times per year...
ABSOLUTELY agree!!! but in France they are (very) expensive! check Numéro Homme + L'Officiel Homme + Crash (check their male issues! just great!)
Vogue Homme sucks! (but i don't know the american version)
and if you want more go there http://www.modelhommes-scans.com/archive/index.php?cat=2 (it's full of editorials male magazines)

Last edited by a moderator:
BerlinRocks said:
ABSOLUTELY agree!!! but in France they are (very) expensive! check Numéro Homme + L'Officiel Homme + Crash (check their male issues! just great!)
Vogue Homme sucks! (but i don't know the american version)
and if you want more go there http://www.modelhommes-scans.com/archive/index.php?cat=2 (it's full of editorials male magazines)

sorry i can' edit my own stuff...but NOONE talked about UOMO VOGUE!!!

Ianastar said:
There are two problems I have with most men's magazines.

They are covered in naked woman inside and out. I want to see men's fashion not Adriana Lima on the beach.

Those "artsy" shots where you don't really even see the clothes the model has on. I appreciate your "vision" and story telling through imagery, but what the hell is he wearing.:lol:

Id rather see Will Chalker on the beach myself B)
But anywhoo, from the few issues I bought, I noticed ArenaHomme has their fair share of naked men too, along w/ edits centered more upon the model & the photographer, instead of the actual clothing..ie: "Here's a black & white pic of a near-naked model, accented w/ palm-tree shadows..you cant see it anywhere in the photo, but he's actually wearing shorts by MiuMiu & sandals by LV....See Where To Buy, Page 425" So bogus :doh:

eugenius said:
Id rather see Will Chalker on the beach myself B)
But anywhoo, from the few issues I bought, I noticed ArenaHomme has their fair share of naked men too, along w/ edits centered more upon the model & the photographer, instead of the actual clothing..ie: "Here's a black & white pic of a near-naked model, accented w/ palm-tree shadows..you cant see it anywhere in the photo, but he's actually wearing shorts by MiuMiu & sandals by LV....See Where To Buy, Page 425" So bogus :doh:

Exactly!!!

and I argree on the Will Chalker part too.:wink: YUM!!!

The biggest problem of Men's Non-No for non-Japanese readers is they even translate the designers names into Japanese without adding their names in original language. I find that a big frustration when I read Men's Non-No. I mean, who the heck is going to recognize Ann Demeulemeester or Dior Homme in Japanese other than Japanese themselves or some Japanese-speaking foreigners? :shock: :cry: I do think it's a good magazine, but its taste and styling is a bit too much street-fashion-oriented (or maybe high-class street fashion) for my taste. The other thing is most of its content reads like shopping guide which is quite useless for people living outside Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->