Men's/women's Shoes

faust

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a pair of boots that are women's (they look androgynous). Before I go try them on, do you know if there is much difference in the sole of women's boots? I'd think that they are cut narrower than men's, but otherwise I have no idea it they are any different. My mens size is pretty small, so I think I should be Ok. What do you think?

i dob't they are made diffrently, i have worne womens sheos and they fit fine.

I think you should try them on and really take your time to feel if they are an OK fit. Like you said, women's shoes are cut more narrow than men's...

Other than that, I don't think there are any real differences. Different techniques are of course used to produce different kinds of shoes, but I don't think it differs between genders?

Cool. Thanks guys. I'll go try them on after work and give you a report tomorrow.

Well, women's feet tend to be wider at the toe area and narrower at the heel, whereas men's shoes are the other way around, so depending on your foot structure, that might play a role.

I think women's shoes tend to be made very narrow. I hardly ever can find a pair of women's shoes that don't pinch my feet up. If I can find them wide enough, they are WAY too long.

i also find that most men's shoes have a stitched on sole and women's are almost always glued on... :unsure: but that shouldn't affect the fit...

definitley just try them on and if you like them...great...i have plenty of 'men's' shoes... :innocent:

androgyny rules... :flower:

Ooops, the boots were gone (and so was the entire sales rack). I guess I'll try another Tootsi location...

women's are almost always glued on

Probably because men tend to wear less seasonal fashion their clothes and periphery are better made...

I simply could not wear any womens' shoes because my feet are quite broad.

even though i absolutely LOVE mens shoes (there is nothing sexier than a man with a great taste for shoes :shock: ) i could neevr see myself wearing them..
same goes vice versa....

above all that i agree with everyone else: womens shoes should logically be more narrow and good mens shoes are alost always better made :doh:

[attachmentid=24266]Well, my feet are very narrow, so I find women's shoes simply fit better. Besides, a little heel height actually helps my bad left ankle.

I could never squeeze my foot into a womans shoe because they're big, but I say, if they fit and you like them go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->