Menswear Catwalk Trends F/W 09.10

Im really hating the skirt on guys thing. Its just so wrong. When a guy walks in a skirt his legs are wide and he's wearing manly shoes and it looks so bad.

My first post :smile:

I'm glad to see a - even if minor - comeback for leather. I noticed that Gucci, YSL, Givenchy [a bit racy for my taste], Deisel, etc have leather pants in their collections. I know that in terms of public opinion they're a polarizing item and are surrounded with some very deeply entrenched stereotypes, but my wife and I both love them for the comfort and unique styling. As long as they are well accessorized, leather pants can look great. Although I'm sure they will never become mainstream [In fact, I hope they're always going to be a bit eccentric], it would be nice if they could acquire a larger degree of general acceptance.

^Welcome ^_^

I agree with what you say. Leather pants are just one of those things that look edgy and daring, but just have a rather.....nasty reputation by being worn by certain types of people. However that being said there are still lots of people who wear them none the less simply for their sharp look.
They can also be really uncomfortable cuz they dont stretch when u walk in them as well as getting really sweaty lol ew.

Wow. The simple fact that someone has commented on a post that concerns leather pants and guys without mentioning the episode of Friends or Harley Davidson demonstrates that this is a classy forum :smile:

I've tried to discuss the topic in other forums, and, without exception, within two replies it's nothing but the well-worn stereotypes, the "don't go there!" advice, and a nearly complete lack of understanding - even despite explicit references to Gucci, Versace, etc -that not all leather pants are cheap, skin tight fetishwear or only for bikers.

a nice topcoat in camel
i need one!!!

most of my coats are black, black, black.

i need to mix things up. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->