Merethe Hopland

Her hair really brings out her features. She doesn't really stand out in the first pictures in the thread, but the pixie cut lets her features really stand out. She kinda reminds me of a young Charlize Theron when she had that hair.

IMG_6015.jpg
IMG_6018.jpg
IMG_6014.jpg

(source: coacdinc.com)

I am now convinced that she has some sort of exclusive.

It will be very exiciting to see for whom and in which city ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Calvin Klein would be an amazing start for her. But if she is exclusive to them, I hope it's only for New York, so that she can strut her stuff in Milan and Paris later on.

Calvin Klein exclusive confirmed by style_expert in the casting thread! :buzz::clap:

:boxer:

Interview from the Marilyn NY blog.

The flawless Norwegian Merethe graces our second New Faces feature this week. After being active in Europe for a short period, she is now ready to take on the shows of NYC for the first time. We proudly call her our very own Jean Seberg, but that is not only because of the hair - Merethe's chic elegance and delicate beauty makes her an automatic standout in every room.​

1) How would you describe New York?
Energetic, busy, nice and beautiful (In a strange way).

2) What are you wearing to stay warm in these freezing temperatures?
Wool socks! And since I don't have much hair on my head right now, my first priority for staying warm is a hat and a big scarf.

3) What is your favorite word? Least favorite word?
My favorite word in English is "wonderful." It's such a beautiful word! My least favorite word is in Norwegian: AGURK (It means cucumber, in case you are wondering).

4) What was the last movie you watched? What did you think about it?
The Tourist, and I was disappointed. Johnny - what were you thinking?

5) What was the best birthday gift you ever received?
Once I got a big double bed from my mom and dad. I love that bed - it's one of the things I miss the most when I'm traveling. It's so huge and soft and long (So my feet don't stick out)!

6) Tell us the FIRST thing that comes to mind when you see each of the following words:​

Black - Coffee
Models - long legs :S
Coffee - Yummy...give me a venti soy Americano with syrup please! I'm a BIG COFFEE LOVER.
Marilyn - Smiling, lovely people! You guys are so wonderful! :smile: (Thanks <3 We try!)
Rabbit - Sneezing! I am so allergic
Runway - Art, GLAM!!!
Snow - Home, skiing, snowboarding, beautiful mountains, happiness. I love snow!
Door - The door to Narnia

marilynnewyork.blogspot.com/

Merethe is featured on hintmag.com.

Merethe Hopland
by Joseph Tenni

From the frosty fjords of the north, following in the footsteps of Norwegian knockouts Iselin Steiro and Siri Tollerod, comes Merethe Hopland. With a look that gives a nod to both Beri Smither and 60s screen legend Jean Seberg—perhaps Charlize Theron, too—the gangly gamine is garnering the attention of people who matter. We wouldn't be surprised if she has big Fashion Week news. (Marilyn)

T minus one day until liftoff!

I'm so delighted to see she's in the right place right now!

Hm, there's something odd here now. Merethe is with Elite in London and had a showcard for SS11 (before her haircut). Elite's FW11/12 showcards are out, but no Merethe .. She's still on their site, though.

It seems strange that her agents have already now decided that she isn't going to do London, before she has had her moment as the Calvin Klein exclusive this evening. She could easily have had a showcard and then skipped London anyway ..

The 3 most logical explanations seems to be;

A ) She's booked shoots for next week
:cool: They don't want to overexpose her
C ) She's world-wide exclusive at Calvin Klein

Any thoughts on this?

It will also be very interesting to see where she ends up in Paris. She's not officially signed with anyone there yet. I'm guessing Marilyn or Viva.

It would be amazing if she's a worldwide exclusive, it can do wonders for her career. Fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoutshonor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->