Merethe Hopland

Brioni F/W 11.12 Milan

mere.jpg

catwalking

She's apparently with Nathalie in Paris.

I hoped she'd do better in Milan, her scout (the same one that found Siri) works closely with Joy and I hoped it would make some justice.

Yeah, I noticed she had a showcard from Nathalie.

To be honest, with the exception of Max Mara, Milan has been a 4 day tragedy for Merethe (and myself) until today. Hugely disappointing. But she was actually at both Missoni and Salvatore Ferragamo today, which is a major improvement. That is where she belongs, not at Blugirl.

Yes, she was scouted by Donna I., who places her girls with Joy. I think Merethe would have greatly benefitted with a stronger agency in Milan. An agency which could have really pushed her to the casting directors and designers this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, she needs a stronger agency in Milan...

Milan hasn't been fair to Merethe but maybe we are getting too much ahead? I still believe Merethe has a lot of potential and hopefully things will get easier in Paris, if she goes there...

and why exactly would she need a stronger agency in milano? if any of you knew merethe 3 years ago, you would be amazed at how joy milano developed this girl. i don't think that any of you naysayers would have seen even the slightest potential in her.

she did not have a great season in milano, mostly because of the short hair. but to be saying this is joy milano's fault is just a bunch of crap.

svea was also a calvin klein exclusive and she is not having a major milano season. does this mean that women is incompetent?

josephine skriver is with joy milano and she is having an amazing first season in milano. who knows how they did that??? siri back on prada, versace, fendi, ferretti, how did that happen????

Yeah, I noticed she had a showcard from Nathalie.

To be honest, with the exception of Max Mara, Milan has been a 4 day tragedy for Merethe (and myself) until today. Hugely disappointing. But she was actually at both Missoni and Salvatore Ferragamo today, which is a major improvement. That is where she belongs, not at Blugirl.

Yes, she was scouted by Donna I., who places her girls with Joy. I think Merethe would have greatly benefitted with a stronger agency in Milan. An agency which could have really pushed her to the casting directors and designers this week.

I meant that Donna did a great job, same with Joy, and because of that I hoped she'd be everywhere this season. I don't get why my comment got misunderstood.

Salvatore Ferragamo F/W 11.12 Milan

merethe.jpg

catwalking

I meant that Donna did a great job, same with Joy, and because of that I hoped she'd be everywhere this season. I don't get why my comment got misunderstood.

I didn't misunderstand you at all, Amelia, I was just expressing my opinion. :flower:

Good to see Merethe picking up some pace at the end of Milan, let's hope she maintains it into Paris. Brioni and Salvatore Ferragamo were excellent looks for her. Gorgeous. I love the slick hair on this girl. Not bad at Missoni either.

and why exactly would she need a stronger agency in milano? if any of you knew merethe 3 years ago, you would be amazed at how joy milano developed this girl. i don't think that any of you naysayers would have seen even the slightest potential in her.

she did not have a great season in milano, mostly because of the short hair. but to be saying this is joy milano's fault is just a bunch of crap.

svea was also a calvin klein exclusive and she is not having a major milano season. does this mean that women is incompetent?

josephine skriver is with joy milano and she is having an amazing first season in milano. who knows how they did that??? siri back on prada, versace, fendi, ferretti, how did that happen????

I have to agree 100% with you, saying that Joy failed with her this season is pretty irrelevant and the hair thing is also true. I know at least two more girls with short hair, both with one of what many people here would call a "stronger" agency and both did the same amount and same kind of shows... Things are always more complex in reality than they seem to be when you're just sitting at your desk counting the shows for each girl. So many parameters are inolved... and no agency, no model can control them all.

Just Cavalli F/W 11.12 Milan

JustCavalliMerethe001.jpg

Catwalking.com

SHOWLIST FW11/12

New York

Calvin Klein (Exclusive)

Milan

Blugirl
Brioni
Ermanno Scervino
Gabriele Colangelo (O)
Just Cavalli
Lorella Signorino Atelier
Max Mara
Missoni
Salvatore Ferragamo

Oh no, so the short hair is the reason? But it's part of her appeal... :cry:
I must say, viewing her whole showlist... it is not that bad. So I guess her agency has done anything possible for Merethe to keep stable in Milan...

Fingers crossed for a successfull Paris for Merethe.

Nathalie Agency FW11/12 Showcard

11merethehopland.jpg

models.com

yes the short hair is merethe's appeal and i am sure that when she has a book, she will become a "must book" and it will not matter that she has short hair. i firmly believe that she would not have had any success without the short hair. it is her look.

she is out in french. the photos are beautiful.

174500_980.jpg

source: Stockholm Streetstyle

It says Mariette on the website, but I'm pretty sure this is Merethe :smile:

That is a gorgeous photo, diamondsandstuds! Her eyes are amazing here. Thanks for sharing. "Mariette"? Hehe, no, that's Merethe allright. :wink:

No sign of Merethe yet on this 3rd day of Paris fashion week. I would have thought we might have been able to see her at Balenciaga earlier, but nothing there. It seems I really have had unrealistic expectations thinking that she would rock the boat in Europe and that's not fair to her at all. That Calvin Klein exclusive really threw me off. :smile: Maybe she's not even in Paris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->