Michael Kors Collection F/W 2022.23 New York

Great to see Karmen!

It almost feels like Kors added in some formulaic Tom Ford-isms (the chubbies and and gowns in particular) after finding out he won't be presenting this season. At least the fits are right and intentional, which has been lacking this season.

Great to see some MK faves from the past hope they'll have some of them in the campaign because it seems the MK woman is back tobeing a jetsetting Park av princess she has had enough of pretending to be one of the people.

It's good, maybe thanks to the styling tricks but this is the most "fashion" his collection ever look. The whole collection is very Tom Ford both for his own brand and Gucci (the yellow fur coat) especially the last few looks.

What I don't like is the presentation, the live band music killed the mood of the show. And the models hand gestures look very contrived when they walk. Also the bright orange and pink looks look really out of place, edit it out and the collection can be stronger.

Perfect wardrobe for the Real Housewives of…

The whole thing was tacky as hell and I won’t even comment on that hideous color palette.

What’s that big fake Hermès bag? I genuinely laughed when I saw it.

First of all, I love Miguel! And since it has been a fantasy of his to go into that « PRINCE » mode, the soundtrack was fabulous…

The collection was interesting. It was a bit all over the place in terms of references while being totally cohesive. It was like the American Sportswear version of 2020’s minimalism through the 80’s and 90’s. All the classics of American Sportswear are there and it’s all revisited in a very Kors way.

I see the Tom Ford references, in the seduction or even some silhouettes and details but Tom’s main difference is his willingness to play with bad taste, to challenge our eyes.

And that’s maybe my only critic for this collection. There’s an intention to be bold but it feels flat. And sometimes it even feels quite dated.
Sometimes dated can have a charm (Armani) but here you just want to throw those boots away, remove the fake fur, wash down the leopard….etc.

That being said, the brown croc embossed skirt and coat are Fabulous! That whole outfit is perfect. Too bad the shoes ruined it.

Quintessential Michael Kors and I have zero complaints. The colour palette is gorgeous, love all those caramel tones which Kors does so well and the splash of vivid yellow and pink throughout. Every single look just looks... immaculate and I love the fur and hooded numbers.

High fashion that is wearable. I like this. Sensible.

miguel was great performing, was not too keen on the set though it felt a bit more budget than last summers runway

the clothes nothing special but the models made it look amazing as always

You can remove the "high" I think. And "fashion" too. "that is wearable" would be enough said.
Well I think it's high end but sensible. He did a good job. He wants his clothes to wearable, not a piece of art.

Send this colection to Milan, so Donatella can add some medusa logos and prints here and there; and say it´s a new Versace collection!

At least this looks glamorous rest of NYFW has been a sh!t show

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->