Michael Kors Collection S/S 2019 : Binx Walton by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score

PHOTO TAKEN BY VOGUE28
FROM UK VOGUE FEBRUARY 2019

Oh God, this messy look and set are so distant from the Michael Kors woman! I don't understand this ad and the previous season looked exactly the same.. Not a fan at all.

Hey to Michael, Binx is capable of glamour you know.

Happy for Binx! She got the campaign for two seasons.

The only time Binx wears Michael Kors would be when she gets paid. Which she did.

I like the background on this campaign, miles better than the previous season.

Oh God, this messy look and set are so distant from the Michael Kors woman! I don't understand this ad and the previous season looked exactly the same.. Not a fan at all.

It's the new direction. He's hard-up for millenial dollars. I don't hate the image because it falls in line with what he put out on the runway. That is, try-hard accesible Gucci-lite pieces. Despite that, Kors mainline is probably the one brand who invest the most in advertising. Their campaign can be seen in many magazines, and in all months of the season. With that in mind the message or aesthetic should really be strong.

Horrendous. A perfect match for a hideous collection

I like Binx but I hate this match. Model should have been different + a different setting. I don't like what MK is turning into.

I love Binx so, go girl!
Ugly campaign, ugly clothes, ugly styling and ugly early 00’s Gucci bag knockoff...

at least there is no transportation vehicle in it. But I'll hold that thought until the rest comes out.

Binx is unable to convey the MK vibe... they should use Gigi or Rianne...

This second picture is better... But this is so different from what MK used to be. Binx is too cool for MK, they're trying to fit a square into a circle!

Binx Walton is a mismatch. The second shot looks quite good though. If they wanted to go for this laidback attitude, they should've casted Edie Campbell instead.

Am I the only one who kind of loves this new direction for MK?
Reads less cheap than Testino's photos.
Also love Binx.. but agree she might not be the best 'MK' girl..

I love Binx but she is really not MK at all!
I would rather see her at Saint Laurent!
But get the check girl...

After Gucci, Kors must have the biggest advertising budget! This campaign is literally in almost every edition.

Photographer: Inez & Vinoodh
Stylist: Paul Cavaco
Hair: Malcolm Edwards
Makeup: Val Garland
Cast: Binx Walton

Vogue/Harper's Bazaar Digital Editions

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53