02m.jpg

03m.jpg
04m.jpg

05m.jpg
06m.jpg

07m.jpg

style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
ooo...love the soft draped dresses and the structures looks. the wrap trousers look good as well. and the sleeve detail...liking it:D

i really like all the looks on Erin H. wow especially the one piece on her

most of the stuff on Olga is delicious, love that first look

Um this is really cheap. I hate the pants on Karmen, they look like a giant envolope and the orange dress thing on Karmen is hideous.
The rest is average and its been before a million time, so nothing extrordinary.
Its like the really really cheap version of Lanvin.

i'm so happy to see michael doing power women again. they've been curiously absent from his most recent runway incarnations. it's odd that he chose to revive her in a resort collection. michael better hope that pat field's shopping for the satc sequel because this collection is full on samantha.

His customers will love everything they will see here. It is a very clever presentation. I love that second bikini/caftan look and also the belted swimwear. The gold cuffs are nothing new, but they seduce me every time a designer uses them. Very Aztec and primal.

He is extremely repetitive, but he knows who his client is and he built an empire by producing these clothes season after season. It is very impressive and to say the least, at least we get to see some attractive looks from one New York designer for this Cruise season.

Very Michael Kors.
But it´s lovely, especially the dresses at the end look nice. Love the jewelery.

Lovely things, lovely cuts used. Skisrt & dresses are all at a nice length.

I didn't think I would like it but I totally do!!!
cropped turtleneck + wide leg pants + those shoes = hottt

it hurts that people like him, whose identity is so diluted we could even argue it's existence, (economically) survive these days... and others like Lacroix just dont!! :shock:

^ I don't think it's fair to say that he has no identity. Yes, the identity often veers into banality, but it's there.

I actually think this is pretty good, though no where near as good as that fluke of a fall collection. Still, it's the epitome of resort wear.

The maxi dresses are great. I love the styling with the necklaces that look like leaves. Also the gold metallic obi-like belts are delicious. It's a good collection, but I'm not in love.

it hurts that people like him, whose identity is so diluted we could even argue it's existence, (economically) survive these days... and others like Lacroix just dont!! :shock:

don't let anyone fool you: michael kors came to the point of insolvency over fifteen years ago. he's got a lot better business sense than some other designers/houses do. he capitalized on just the right moment -- both by raising his profile as a designer with his work at celine and seeing a gap in the market with the withering of tommy hilfiger -- to take his collection down market and he's probably sustained his house for the long term with that one move. it shows even in this collection where each look gets accessorized with sunglasses, shoes, or clutches that can easily get reproduced for his mass market line.

lacroix has had similar opportunities and missed them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alksdnfskfgikwjfne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->