Michael Kors Resort 2012

Stereo_Flo

Reaction score
Michael Kors Resort 2012 / NEW YORK, June 2, 2011
By Nicole Phelps

A long holiday in Australia inspired Michael Kors' Resort collection, a very signature sporty/sophisticated mix of fluorescents, zebra prints, and scuba-influenced silhouettes, along with some gold brocade a shade or two deeper than his models' tans. "Sydney is the ultimate city beach life," he said. "I was in love."

But Kors is nothing if not an equal-opportunity designer. He explained that an acid green and black stretchy wetsuit dress could work with black tights and ankle booties in New York or bare legs and flip-flops in St. Bart's. Versatility is the key to what he described as his brand's biggest season of the year. So is range. The bright, graphic lineup included everything from "eat-your-heart-out-Ursula" bikinis and a sleeveless stretch bouclé tennis dress to ten-ply cashmere sweaters and a reefer coat in a cashmere/angora mix.

The Resort season is just getting under way, but already neons and sport are emerging as two early trends. That puts Kors smack-dab in the middle of things.

STYLE

I adore this. Zebra prints and neon colors can look bad, but Kors manages to make it look so sophisticated and effortlessly cool. There's countless of things I want from this!

Hold up... hold up, I actually like this.

"A long holiday in Australia inspired Michael Kors' Resort collection"

Wait hold up, Australia now has connotations of Zebra prints and neons added to uggs,flip-flops,trackies,wifebeaters, and crocodile dundee?

Haha no, I'm actually surprised at myself that I sorta like this.

I really like this. But the scuba/neon thing looks like it's going to be somewhat huge...Wait till you see McQueen Resort 2012!...

This feels like the 40 year-old version of Proenza's spring 2010 collection.

Does anyone see the resemblance to his Fall 09 collection at all? It's not a bad thing at all but it really is in a way a recycled version of that collection.

if this collection finds itself inspired by a trip down under, it makes me question how people actually dress in australia. apparently, they wear re-configured neons from fall/winter 2009 michael kors' ready-to-wear.

^ People in Australia really do dress a bit like this during the summer with neon colours in large blocks like that, sometimes even putting different neon colours together. The hemlines also often fall somewhere mid-thigh unless its shorts that go even higher or maxi dresses. Also sandals like the ones here featured heavily with just about every single look.

Im not liking this collection at all. Too sporty and 'casual' for me.

obviously for those planning to include scuba diving in their plans

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinatzv
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->