Miscellaneous Magazines - North America

oswaldlv

Reaction score
Vanidades México February (1/2) 2009 : Natallia K. by Ken Pao

So I started the Miscellaneous Magazines - North America thread.

I will open it with "Vanidades" I've talked about this magazine, in my "Mexican Magazines" thread. I love this cover, here in Mexico we do not have a lot of fashion magazines, but the existing ones are good and I love them, so I'll be able to share this with everyone.

Norteamericanos a subir portadas!
Translation: Northamericans let's upload covers!

Scanned by Me.

Vanidades México February (2/2) 2009 : Kate Winslet by Lorenzo Agius

Hello everyone!!! again, I bring to you the cover of the newest issue of "Vanidades" featuring Kate Winslet... I like it!

Scanned by Me.

Infashion February 2009, Jimena Riquemel by Iván Aguirre.

I love the cover, they always print something else that you can see only if you have the magazine in your hands.

Photographed my Me

Last edited by a moderator:
SOMA Dec/Jan 2009 - The Holiday Issue
Model: Jamie King
l2b95b73fba1742c6962e4f.jpg

myspace

From the above issue of SOMA.

Stockholm Syndrome
Models: Ylonka Verheul & ?

somamagazine

Thanks!

SOMA Feb 2009 - The Film Issue
Ph: Matthew Welch
Model: Odette Yustman
l506aa25b6ac54dd1b27c5b.jpg

myspace

Zink Feb 2009
Ph: Antoine Verglas
Model: Julie Ordon
lec3ac286eb7a4ceb9d61d3.jpg

myspace

Ocean Drive Magazine March 2009 : Jessica Szohr by Daniela Federici

Ah, high schoolers, with their hormones and class struggles and intricate relationship dramas. No phenomenon in all of pop culture delivers teenage passion and pathos to the addictive degree that Gossip Girl does, and each of its comely cast members has become a star in his or her own right. Our fave? Sorry, Lively, it’s Jessica Szohr, the coolest chick to come out of Wisconsin since Laverne and Shirley.

Szohr plays Vanessa Abrams, a Brooklyn girl from a hippie family whose life becomes decidedly more complicated when she encounters the elite private-school set from the Upper East Side. Her character is a longtime friend and former fling of Dan, played by the very crushable Penn Badgley. Since the show began in 2007, Vanessa has fallen victim to evil Mean Girls-style pranks by Serena (Blake Lively) and Blair (Leighton Meester), and had her heart put through its paces thanks to the sharp-dressed young men from that well-heeled world. This season she is happily dating Nate (Chace Crawford), though as it goes on these shows, there’s bound to be trouble in paradise.

Szohr started modeling at age five, and has worked for a broad range of companies, from Ralph Lauren to Kohl’s department store. Once she graduated from high school she packed her bags and headed West, finding more success in the modeling world and discovering her love of acting. She shone through in small roles on shows like CSI: Miami, My Wife and Kids, and Joan of Arcadia, and Gossip Girl creators Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage knew from the get-go that she would make the perfect Vanessa.

We caught up with the 23-year-old in her makeup trailer in New York to ask her all about it.
oceandrive.com

“When I saw the pilot for Gossip Girl, I thought, There’s no way anyone actually had lives like that in high school. Now, I have friends who assure me that people certainly do.”

OD: What was your own high school life like?
JS: It was very different from the world on the show, that’s for sure. I’m from a very Midwest, family-oriented small town [Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin], and my friends were nothing like these kids that grew up on the Upper East Side. When I saw the pilot for Gossip Girl, I thought, There’s no way anyone actually had lives like that in high school. Now, I have friends who assure me that people certainly do.

OD: How did you get into acting?
JS: Most people say it was a specific actor or film that drove them into the business, but that wasn’t the case for me. When I moved to L.A. I decided to try an acting class... I did one scene, and it changed my life. I thought, If acting can make me feel like this, that’s all I want to do.

OD: Vanessa is a more down-to-earth Brooklyn girl, and Nate is from the privileged set. Do you see a John Hughes-style class struggle brewing?
JS: She doesn’t understand their world…. But she ends up really falling in love with the things that make them different. Vanessa doesn’t change for other people. She says what she thinks, and that’s a hard thing to do in high school.

OD: What do you make of the fan and media obsession with Gossip Girl?
JS: The show has blown up so much! We’re really thankful for our fans.

OD: Vanessa has gotten pushed around by the society girls a bit. Would you ever want to play a total mean girl?
JS: Definitely! It would be very fun to play someone totally different. I’m very defensive of Vanessa.... Inside, I do think she’s just a badass girl from Brooklyn.

OD: What’s it like working with Josh Schwartz?
JS: He’s incredible. I’m so happy I get to work on one of his projects. He and Stephanie [Savage] make a really good team. They have it all figured out, and know all the elements required to do the show the right way—the music, the actors, the writing, the way they portray New York City, it’s all extremely smart.

OD: Your character seems to be the most true to life in terms of clothing. Are you interested in the whole fashion world that is featured so prominently on Gossip Girl?
JS: Since I started working on the show, I’ve become much more aware of different designers; I had no idea who anyone was. The wardrobe team is amazing, so it’s been a real education.

OD: Fitness is very important to you. How do you keep in shape?
JS: For me, it’s about striking a balance. I try to work out a couple of times a week, and I watch what I eat, but then on the weekends I eat whatever I want. And it’s not like I’m out there doing anything too intense. I just like going on a 20-minute run here and there.

OD: You live, film, and work on a show all about New York. Did you ever think you’d be so wrapped up in the fabric of the city?
JS: There’s such an energy to New York City. I go to museums and hear bands all the time. It’s a very beautiful and fun place. I love to just wear my iPod, walk around Central Park, and get carried away.
oceandrive.com

The cover photo is weird. It's like her face and body don't match up. I wish they had done something a bit more natural.

Awful cover. It doesn't even look like Jessica, due to the 'overdone' photoshopping.

Art & Auction Magazine March 2009 : Kate Moss

katemosscovers
ebay

Corinne Day shot these portraits of Kate.

Dujour May/June 2009: Angela Stalker by Zoey Grossman

DUJOUR Magazine #3, May/June 09
The Vintage Issue

Ph: Zoey Grossman
St: Cat Wennekamp
M: Angela Stalker

dujourmag.com

Vogue Hombre Mexico Spring/Summer 2009 : Antonio Banderas

It's Mexican Men's Vogue.

ebay

Rolling Stone June 11, 2009 : Lady Gaga by David LaChapelle

The latest issue of the American magazine “Rolling Stone” has dedicated a few pages to the new pop sensation Lady Gaga, who has appeared on the pink cover of the mentioned magazine. The girl who kisses other girls in real life, and claims that Madonna and Marilyn Manson are her fans, is on her way to becoming the pop star of the year.

“I don’t feel like I look like the other perfect little pop singers” “I think I’m changing what people think is sexy” said Gaga in a conversation for Rolling Stone.

The singer admitted that she is a psychotic woman who is wild when she does not work, and added that she nearly cried when she heard that she will be on the cover of Rolling Stone.

See Video

hotcelebshome.com
javno.com

aaaaah. too much pink..too much shimmer, too much gaga :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"