Miu Miu F/W 2017.18 by Alasdair McLellan

zzzyao76

Reaction score

wwd

For fall, Miuccia Prada cast actress Naomie Harris, as well as Kate Moss, sisters Adwoa and Kesewa Aboah, Missy Rayder, Jean Campbell, Eliza Cumming, Jasmine Daniels, Rose Daniels, Lily Nova and the Preservation Hall Brass Band to capture the mood of the collection

I have to say that I like it, but I´m still not a fan of the collage.

The concept is becoming really old and tired now.
Also, Miu Miu is not a British brand even though Alasdair and Katie clearly would like it to be.

Naomi looks good but please get rid of the "creative" team behind this, Miuccia.

Also, Miu Miu is not a British brand even though Alasdair and Katie clearly would like it to be.

:lol::lol: Snarky, but so true!! That's the first impression I got form this, very British!

I do like this campaign. You have one of the most beautiful and underrated fashion actresses, KATE MOSS, and Eliza. Love how there are only OG shots of Kate, lol. Ditch the Aboah girls, and we're all good.

The styling and photography works, although the actual pieces and theme not very strong. Looks more like a diluted Gucci, if you ask me. Love this recent expansion of Alasdair work.

This Campaign is a Flop! Every single Campaign since Katie and Alasdair started has been spectacular. Was the team asleep? Did they let the Models play stylist and photographer? The "Sets" look very generic and poorly lit. The styling is bad. They put a giant choker on Kate's head for god's sake! The styling on the runway was very glam and luxe, it did not translate here. This doesn't even look fun or happy, everyone looks tired or forced. I'm very disappointed because I loved his collection. What a let down. :(

I only like the shot of the women on the boat.

There's nothing Miu Miu about this campaign unfortunately. Identity crisis here, along with those snoozefest campaigns over at Prada. Miuccia needs to get her act together.

I wish the band was more prominent on the shots, that it had more interaction with the models. The image on the boat has nothing to do with the rest other than it gives me plantation vibes.
I like it overall, the collage is done better than in Pre-Fall at least.

Looks like s***. This is so cheap and as someone mentioned this campaign is more Mulberry than Miu Miu, also I miss how this brand used to have different photographers almost every season at least if they were going to have only one photographer they should have chosen Inez & Vinoodh, they perfectly understood the brand and so did Rizzo. The days of S/S 2013 and S/S 2014 are long gone.

I was probably spoiled for life growing up with Miu Miu circa Milan because I never fully accepted the move to Paris and the way their campaigns started to cater to that new, glossy identity and obviously this just looks like a trainwreck in my eyes... everything from the clothes, the brown boots, the casting (especially Kate Moss, and I don't even want to know who the others are..), the mega drained concept of piling up imagery, the poses, that last image (what does that even mean? next morning's hangover in New Orleans? your New Orleans house on fire?.. god knows if a nobody brought that pic to Grazia, they would laugh on his face).. pure junk.

(also why does everyone have non-aspirational brows..)

your New Orleans house on fire?..

LMAO! God, I see that as well. The red-headed girl seems to be lamenting 'there goes my memories!' as Jean Campbell will row them away on the bayou to a new life.

That shot doesn't belong with the rest actually, not sure how it made the cut. Still, I do like this direction for Miu Miu.

A lot of upsetting things in this campaign. First of all: yes as mentionned before, MIUMIU is not an english brand.
Second: Kate Moss in 2017 is everything but a Prada/miumiu girl.
Third: Why is Katie Grand trying so much to make this brand about her.

I feel like MiuMiu has been totally diluted of it identity. From the styling to the overall presentation.

I still don't understand why Miuccia felt the need to change something that was working. I think over the years and more so since the move to Paris, they have managed to really separate the brand from Prada while using the same collaborators.

A lot of confusion for Prada. Between the mess that is Prada and now this MiuMiu thing...

original

miumiu

[

Last edited by a moderator:
^The last image says it all. Missy Rayder (the queen), lost amongst a group of teenagers waiting in line to audition for a local soap opera (?)

Someone save this brand...or at least do something different to what (Delusions of a) Grand is doing for it.

This makes me smile! The clothes look great on those girls. It's ease and warm opposite with the prada which is really great.

Spot on.

Everything Katie Grand comes up with is extremely gimmicky and all over the place. It's like too many different elements are crammed into this campaign and therefore it is missing any impact.

I can only imagine the great images they could have made with the sensational Naomie alone.

:cry:

I'm a HUGE Kate's fan, but the more I see new pictures of her, even a major campaign like this, the more I think she has lost a lot of her vibrant magnetism and light. She looks off and lost. Hope it's only a moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->