Miuccia Prada Interview

On the one hand,I find her enlightening and completely respectable in her opinions. Because most,if not all,I share with her. But on the other hand,I can't seem to help find her a bit contradictive.

:flower: what an interesting interview.

thanks for posting it!

She's incredible. And that story was so brilliant! Very well written and very informative/interesting. She and Bertelli are the smartest people in fashion.

Orochian, You gotta admit the red stripe is genius!! People are falling over themselves
to get the lttle red stripe. Love her to death! I was in Harlem over x-mas time and there
where several small high end boutiques there carrying Prad and others at full retail price,
however if you buy a few you may get a small discount. I saw this homeboy walk in and buy
3 pairs prada shoes, same shoe in diff colors. Gotta love it, Prada in Harlem USA!!!!! :woot:

Originally posted by softgrey@May 16th, 2004 - 9:51 am
mime?... :o

funny...she doesn't do this because she loves it...it's because it's her family's business and she's obligated...if only my last name was prada.... :innocent: ... :lol: :wink:
quite Softgrey - me too!

I thought the article did portray her as being slightly 'unwilling' in the process. Her husband really pushes her & it was her mother & father who pushed her into the business in the first place.

She does have impeccable taste...she said that she just 'loves clothes' and wasn't really interested in fashion- I really like the honesty of that.

Miuccia seems very clever and likeable, somehow. A woman with strong values.

Her relationship with her husband appears to be a bit volatile, but if it works for them... :wink:

im just a little confused- she says nicole kidman is not sexy, but before, she said that dressing sexy only makes people look desperate.

hmm.

Originally posted by Erzébeth@May 21st, 2004 - 7:14 am
she says nicole kidman is not sexy, but before, she said that dressing sexy only makes people look desperate.

it makes absolute sense to me, 'sex' focused girls look absolutely desperate to me too :P

as for contradictions? please post examples scott, i'd love to discuss more the Miuccia interview, i found it very honest and so non pretentious

viva mrs Prada :heart:

Originally posted by Lena+May 21st, 2004 - 1:53 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lena @ May 21st, 2004 - 1:53 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Erzébeth@May 21st, 2004 - 7:14 am
she says nicole kidman is not sexy, but before, she said that dressing sexy only makes people look desperate.

it makes absolute sense to me, 'sex' focused girls look absolutely desperate to me too :P

as for contradictions? please post examples scott, i'd love to discuss more the Miuccia interview, i found it very honest and so non pretentious

viva mrs Prada :heart: [/b][/quote]
yeah, but i got the impression that she was talking about nicole's not being sexy as a bad thing, but on the other hand she said that sexiness was desperate and therefore bad.

that's what makes me confused :ninja:

hope i dont look like i'm trying to stir things up :flower:

Originally posted by Lena@May 17th, 2004 - 5:58 am

she gained lots of (my) respect from the Observer artcile :blush
Same here - that article was reprinted in the Good Weekend part of the Sydney Morning Herald (Australian newspaper). It was a very interesting read.
I think saw it her saying that being really blatantly sexy is being desperate - and that Nicole Kidman doesn't have an ounce of sexiness either way... anyway it didn't really bother me too much.
Was the article about the Spring Summer 04 collection or the Fall one?

the article was written following the fw04.05 line

Originally posted by Lena@May 29th, 2004 - 6:34 pm
Thanks Lena! :flower:

I'm going to have another look at that collection now :D

Originally posted by Cicciolina+May 29th, 2004 - 8:37 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cicciolina @ May 29th, 2004 - 8:37 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lena@May 29th, 2004 - 6:34 pm
Thanks Lena! :flower:

I'm going to have another look at that collection now :D [/b][/quote]
you are welcome :flower:

'What all these actresses wear to the Academy Awards now - it's just dresses,' she told me. 'They have no personality. You rarely see them think about it. It's as if women are afraid to explore who they are any more. Now how can that be sexy?'

I agree with Miu Miu on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->