Molly Bair

Chanel Métiers d'Art 2016/17 Paris

wwd, vogue

Stunning for Dsquared :cool2: Molly is giving me prime Gemma, Lily Cole, Heather Marks, and Sasha doll-face beauty.

"Molly Bair backstage at the Chanel show. Paris, December 2016."

eleonoretoulin.tumblr.com

Molly shot this online editorial for Ssense. I don't like a lot of the images, but I think she brings it, as usual!

Ssense Winter 2016
Sky Blue Sky

PHOTOGRAPHER: MYLES HALL
MODEL: MOLLY BAIR
STYLING: FELIX LEBLHUBER

Source: hypebae

I am so glad that Karl still really likes Molly! I feel like her career overall is cooling, except for work with people who really seem to like her, like Karl L, Jeremy Scott, Marc Jacobs, and photographers Nick Knight and Sarah Moon.

I read an interview with Molly in which she says she has an exit strategy and is ready to leave modeling when the time seems right and pursue education to be an environmental lobbyist. I know from her Instagram that she is very politically active and passionate. I think she will be fine if she lets modeling go, but I'll miss her!

She is such a great print model. I want to see her get more opportunities to work with great stylists and photographers and produce indelible images. I want to see her in a multi-page one-girl editorial with a great photographer, preferably a moody outdoor shoot, like the kind Mikael Jansson does so well.

I wonder if switching up her look--radically--would work to inject some oxygen in her career--going short with her hair, or dark or both.

I know she still has a career that many aspiring models would envy, but I hope she gets the buzz back that was around her two years ago! I want to see more campaigns with her--and an ed in US Vogue!

in case there were any doubts about Molly's height...

@harlethkuusik

Also...

vogue | pureearth.org
Meet the Chanel Model Turned Environmental Activist
DECEMBER 23, 2016 by JANELLE OKWODU
If 2016 showed us anything, it’s that visibility in the fashion world can be leveraged to promote worthy causes. Models have spent the year using their fame to raise awareness and funds for charity, and mobilize their fans for the greater good. The latest star to engage in activism is Molly Bair, the 19-year-old Philadelphia-born model whose unconventional beauty has made her one of the industry’s most in-demand faces.
The glamorous side of Bair’s life is public knowledge—stints on the Chanel runway, posing for world-renowned photographers like Nick Knight—her most important new project though, is far more personal. As an ambassador for Pure Earth, the international nonprofit dedicated to combating toxic pollution, Bair hopes to engage the fashion community in environmental issues. The organization supports communities in developing countries that have been ravaged by harmful water contaminants such as lead and mercury, equipping them with the tools to protect themselves from potentially lethal toxins. “The effects of pollution are something we can all relate to because it endangers the health of people like you and me, and it’s one of the biggest global killers that has a solution,” says Bair. “My goal is simple: I want to persuade people to join me to #FightPollution in all forms and in underappreciated places around the globe; this way every child has a chance to grow up in a world that is striving to get closer and closer to a healthy and safe ‘Pure Earth.’ ”
Bair will be posting to Pure Earth’s blog to raise awareness and spreading the word about its campaign online to raise money for XRF devices, handheld X-ray machines that identify toxic particles in the soil. “I think it's best to be direct and say that giving any amount of money to organizations like Pure Earth is the most effective way to help,” says Bair. “Additionally, visiting their website and educating yourself on the issues they are tackling in order to spread the word effectively is extremely important as well.”

Bair is bringing some of her fashion colleagues into the mix this spring, too, and is set to chair the upcoming April Heavy Metal Gala alongside jewelry designers such as Pamela Love and David Yurman—both of whom are supporting and creating pieces for charity. “It’s important for all of us to know how our products are made, and if we see issues, demand changes to be implemented,” says Bair. “I hope my fellow industry friends and collaborators will support environmentally responsible production like cotton grown without toxic pesticides, utilize leather from tanneries that don’t pollute or poison workers, and help create demand for mercury-free artisanal gold.”
Of course Bair is still at the beginnings of her activism crusade, though she sees potential in the immediate future. “I think that social media and the 24-hour news cycle have made people more aware than ever of the problems happening in our world. The more informed and educated someone is, the more they are inclined to want to help,” she says. “Modeling is in itself a kind of platform, so if there is this opportunity, I of course would like to take advantage of having this voice.”
http://www.vogue.com/article/molly-bair-pure-earth-pollution-model-activist

Alexander Wang Ready To Wear Fall Winter 2017 New York
Alexander-Wang-RTW-FW17-New-York-2266-1486845355-bigthumb.jpg

nowfashion

^ WOW! Supermodel, next level. And her walk @ Wang was best in show. Missed her @ Marc.

I wish we were seeing more of her on the runway this season...

Annakiki Ready To Wear Fall Winter 2017 Milan (O)
Annakiki-RTW-FW17-Milan-9602-1487798673-bigthumb.jpg

nowfashion

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ilyzdro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->