Mona Johannesson

Show Package - Stockholm A/W 15: Mikas

Mona_Johannesson.jpg

models.com

Ole Lynggaard jewelry campaign :wub:

*olelynggard.com

Didn't think she could look any better, but the lighter and redder hair suits her. Brings out the blue in her eyes.

Elle Sweden March 2015

"Flower Power"
Photographer: Viktor Flume
Stylist: Lisa Lindqwister
Hair: Ali Pirzadeh
Make-Up: Ignacio Alonso
Models: Mona Johannesson, Julia Hafstrom, Lone Praesto, Fia Ljungstrom, Stina Olsson, Emelie Fredengren, Miranda Nyström, Maja Striem, Erik Andersson & Viggo Jonasson

visualoptimist.blogspot.com

Shot by Elisabeth Toll for Lindex and Elle. I remember seeing them in the magazine and feeling captivated!

mona.elle.se

Efva Attling Jewelry SS15
Photography by Åsa Tällgård

(artofficialagency.com)

Ph. Anton Östlund for Kentaur Magazine

*agentmolly

She's been on stay in NY this Summer for the first time in ages. Makes me dream of a little comeback...

Meet the J.Crew Muse Who Doubles as a Horse Breeder
Janelle Okwodu Industry June 27, 2015 — 07:37PM

When Mona Johannesson began modeling, she did so with a clear objective. Discovered at age 14 while participating in a horse trials event in Gothenburg, Sweden, Johannesson was motivated less by fashion’s glamour than by the chance to fulfill her equestrian dreams. “Someone told me that with the money you can make modeling, you could buy your own horses,” Johannesson tells Style.com. “I grew up in a family where we didn’t have that much money, so when I discovered that modeling could provide that opportunity, it really sealed the deal.

With her elegant good looks, Johannesson soon found herself getting compared to the likes of Kate Moss and walking down the runway for labels like Miu Miu and Lanvin. The switch from Swedish schoolgirl to top model was seemingly overnight, but it started Johannesson on a path that would extend over a decade. Now 28 years old, Johannesson has fulfilled her childhood wishes, owning a horse-breeding farm and raising several stallions. Describing the process as “mildly nerdy,” the model has spent the better portion of the last few years studying bloodlines and charting the horse show circuit. “I’ve always loved horses, so this world is natural to me. I have two 3-year-olds now, and at least one of them is looking promising, so I hope that’s going to turn out well. Proper competition doesn’t start until the horse is around 7 or so, so there is still plenty of time.”

When she isn’t on the farm, Johannesson has kept busy as the face of all things J.Crew. Working with the brand for the past nine years, she’s begun to feel like a part of the family. “Everyone at J.Crew is so nice; the teams are so talented. From the photographers to the stylists, everyone works to make the best shot ever and be better every time.” Being a brand ambassador is fulfilling work, but Johannesson is eager for a return to the catwalk. “I haven’t gotten the chance to do shows in so long, so it would be great to do something in New York again—there are so many new, exciting people, new stylists, new designers.” Let’s see what the upcoming Spring shows hold.
*style.com

MONA JOHANNESSON

She lives on a farm with eight horses and travels the globe to shoot top campaigns. Get to know the nonconforming model Mona Johannesson.

Mona Johannesson was discovered at a horse show when she was 14. Two years later she moved from Sweden to pursue a career in modelling. With features resembling Kate Moss’s, she had instant success on the international fashion scene and, for periods of time, lived in Paris, London, Milan and New York. Her most notable work includes campaigns for Chanel, Elizabeth Arden, Valentino, Dolce & Gabbana, Miu Miu and H&M. She’s been featured in editorials in French, Italian, Japanese, British, German and American Vogue, to name some of her work.

Despite her huge success, and having the privilege to travel to, and live in, some of the most vibrant cities on the planet, Mona realized that the typical top model lifestyle wasn’t for her. She didn’t want to live in big cities and she didn’t want to live without her companions.

So she moved back home and bought a horse farm outside the small town Växjö. Now she divides her time between horseback riding and running a farm with eight horses – and doing top campaigns, shows and editorials all over the world.

These are Mona’s top model secrets.

IN MY CAREER, I AM MOST PROUD OVER…
“Being able to mix my career as a model and still have time to do what I love, horseback riding.”

MY MOST MEMORABLE SHOOT/SHOW WAS…
“I remember almost all my shoots and shows, but one of my most memorable ones is my first international show that was for Chanel haute couture.”

MY MODEL ICON IS…
“It’s hard to stick to just one but two of them would be Kate Moss and Audrey Hepburn.”

MY BEAUTY SECRET IS…
“To use organic and natural products.”

I KEEP IN SHAPE BY…
“Riding horses.”

FOR A QUICK HAIR FIX, I…
“Put it in a messy knot.”

MY DE-STRESS TRICK IS…
“A walk in the woods with my dog.”

MY SECRET TALENT IS…
“I don't think I have one.”

I SMELL LIKE…
“I change a lot, at the moment Stella McCartney’s Lily.”

MY FAVOURITE OFF-DUTY LOOK IS…
“Stable clothes.”

RIGHT NOW, I AM OBSESSED WITH…
“Trying to learn how to cook. I’m really bad!”

THE BEST BEAUTY TIP I’VE EVER RECEIVED IS…
“Eat well, drink lots of water and do the things that make you happy! What you feel inside will sooner or later show on the outside.”

MY FAVOURITE HOTEL IS…
“Ett Hem in Stockholm, Sweden.”

MY FAVOURITE RESTAURANT IS…
“It changes all the time. At the moment it’s right at home in my own kitchen when my boyfriend is making dinner.”

FOR BREAKFAST, I ALWAYS HAVE…
“A cup of tea, knäckebröd [Swedish crispbread], yoghurt with homemade granola.”

FOR A LONG FLIGHT, I ALWAYS PACK…
“An extra sweater. I’m always cold when I'm flying.”

WHEN I HAVE SOME FREE TIME, I…
“Spend time with my boyfriend, family, friends and with my horses.”

THE BEST ADVICE I’VE EVER RECEIVED IS…
“Forget about ‘what-ifs…’ It won't make any difference.”

MY FAVOURITE THING TO SHOP WHEN I AM AWAY IS…
“Shoes.”

BEING A MODEL, I’VE LEARNT…
“Not to take everything too seriously and to take care of myself.”

MY FAVOURITE TV SHOW IS…
“I don't watch that much TV, and if I do I prefer a movie.”

RIGHT NOW, I AM READING…
“At the moment I’m not reading any book at all.”

MY GOAL IN LIFE IS…
“To do things that makes me happy.”

MONA JOHANNESSON
AGENCY: MIKAs
DISCOVERED: At 14 at a horse show